ForumsThe TavernBattle of the Brands (Current battle: pg. 194)

1882 1226691
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

So... I had this random idea while taking a dump ^^
Battle of the Brands!
http://www.sensorysol.com.au/battleofthebrands/Images/header-glove.jpg

Anyways... here are the rules:
-One vote per person
-no spam
-suggestions on my profile ONLY

Okay here's the first one!

http://keithsawyer.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/apple-logo1.jpg
VS
http://www5.pcmag.com/media/images/355088-new-microsoft-logo.jpg

Or simply Apple vs Microsoft.

Voting starts NOW! I will allow two weeks since this contest is new.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm44/Cingris/Race%20Post/GoFlagForPost.jpg

-Dapro

• 1,882 Replies
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Google wins again. I've never met anyone who uses Bing, and these people who do choose Bing over Google don't even think it's that much better.

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

As I have already stated, I only use Google. Bing was created my Microsoft to rival Google, and it has not done a very good job so far. If Microsoft cannot make a better version of it, it must be one of a kind.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Even when one of my browsers tried to set Bing as my default search engine, I still used Google. I used it before Bing was born, and I didn't feel the need to change to something slightly different if I was already comfortable with the interface of the original.

Yahoo is actually the default search engine set up in Firefox, which is the browser I use mainly, but I still use Google search. I would rather open a new tab to get to Google than just use the search bar at the top of the page that isn't Google. That's how committed I am.

But make no mistake, Google+ is still the Bing of social networks.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Google is love.

By the looks of this thread and my recent viewing of the newest Terminator, Google may be the dreaded skynet! They are constantly mapping the world and have an endless amount of information. It's only a matter of time before their self-driving cars become autonomous and transform into... oh, wrong movie.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

So Google wins again.

Continuing with the cyber battles, the next round is as follows -

The contestants -

1). Mozilla Firefox.
2). Google Chrome.
3). Internet Explorer.
4). Opera.

Also, please try to bold your vote and a few lines why you chose that contestant over the other(s).

Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

Mozilla Firefox

I have always used Mozilla. Internet Explorer is forgotten about, I hate Chrome, looks to weird and have never heard of Opera

etg2002
etg2002
703 posts
Scribe

CHROME! CHROME! CHROME!

mozilla? laggy. explorer? old. opera? what even is that? chrome? about to remove NPAPI support... I AM ONLY VOTING FOR IT BECAUSE OF THE AFOREMENTIONED REASONS!

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

I use Chrome for most browsing since it loads most pages faster than any of the other browsers, but as someone who plays flash games on Armor Games, Firefox is the only browser that still runs most games smoothly. I have not built a castle using Chrome in many months.

cobbcannon3423
cobbcannon3423
295 posts
Marquis

Wait, do people even use internet explorer for something other than downloading another web browser? And whats a opera?
I came to this page using firefox so it kinda feels like blasphemy to say anything else.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Chrome, if that one fails i use IE. No special reasons, i just get used on Chrome.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I started with Netscape and have been using Mozilla for years. I'm using Chrome for AG only even though I dislike Chrome but I want to keep my browsing separate from my gaming.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

As of this moment, Chrome. It's not a choice; my internet is so appalling every other browser runs unusably slowly. Luckily, tomorrow we are finally getting fibre optic, so I'll be switching to Firefox.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I've always used Firefox. By "always", I mean around four years. Before that, I used Explorer, which was fine until it became awful. I've been burning the fox since 2011, and even though I have three of the browsers in my desktop toolbar (I've never seen anyone use Opera), Mozilla is the killa. I have nothing bad to say about Chrome, but I've grown used to Firefox.

Firefox is the king, Chrome is the prince, and Internet Explorer is the stuff stuck to the bottom of their shoes.

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

Probably Chrome. I feel sorry for Internet Explorer because of how much people hate it, though.

My vote is chrome.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Chrome. I used to alternate often between Chrome and Firefox depending on which had the better update or best variety of extensions, but that ended about a year and a half ago when Firefox always started to be sluggish. I've exclusively used Chrome since.

Showing 1816-1830 of 1882