Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Battle of the Brands (Current battle: pg. 192)

Posted Apr 27, '13 at 8:29am

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,946 posts

I shall vote for Chrome. First, I don't like Firefox, it has the XP-ish look, but Chrome has a better look. Second, IE isn't so bad, (I'm talking about the best version of IE) I used IE9 and it was pretty good, you can enter in more tabs and its menu is similar to Firefox's menu, but the websites are ordered like in Chrome.

Posted Apr 27, '13 at 8:32am

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,946 posts

I say FireFox, because I don't like Chrome's logo.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2xMArGCV-0k/Tw4J7365QWI/AAAAAAAAAHU/6WJXCd4JrCg/s1600/picard-facepalm.jpg

Posted Apr 27, '13 at 1:42pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,474 posts

Knight

Firefox at the moment. I switch occasionally between the two, but I switched from Chrome for a reason I can't remember. There's not much of a difference between them.

Posted Apr 27, '13 at 2:15pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

10,103 posts

Going to Chrome. The only real deciding factor for me is the screen size.

Posted Apr 27, '13 at 3:01pm

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,946 posts

The only real deciding factor for me is the screen size.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2xMArGCV-0k/Tw4J7365QWI/AAAAAAAAAHU/6WJXCd4JrCg/s1600/picard-facepalm.jpg

Posted Apr 27, '13 at 3:20pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

10,103 posts

I really don't see how my comment results in a facepalm. In my eyes..for all intents and purposes..they are quite similar. They both run very well, load times are very similar, url bar and tabs are the same (though Firefox has a small search bar for search engines..but it takes me just as much time on Chrome to hop over to Google on a new tab), etc.

The only real factor for me is the fact that the items on the screen are larger and more pleasant, in my opinion, to look at on Chrome.

Posted Apr 27, '13 at 4:40pm

blk2860

blk2860

10,796 posts

Well, actually Pang, Firefox runs like crap, Chrome's way faster also, The Chrome tabs are easier to organize, and plus, Chrome is way more customizable than Firefox, and you can get useful apps from the Chrome Webstore like a dice roller, and Don't Starve.

Posted Apr 27, '13 at 5:18pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

10,103 posts

Pang

*pang

Firefox runs like crap, Chrome's way faster also

They run about the same on my computer

The Chrome tabs are easier to organize,

I fail to see how. Move a tab to the left on Chrome..same effect as if on Firefox. Only difference is Chrome floats..allowing a tab to become its own page if need-be

and you can get useful apps from the Chrome Webstore like a dice roller, and Don't Starve.

Apps? Yeah..no thank you

Posted Apr 27, '13 at 6:53pm

Clancy12

Clancy12

6,405 posts

Firefox runs like crap, Chrome's way faster also

I think your spell check stopped working. You must have meant that Chrome runs like crap and Firefox is way faster.

Posted Apr 27, '13 at 7:38pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

17,992 posts

Knight

Google Chrome. I like Google so yeah that's the only reason. (Don't even think about it Gandalf)

Reply to Battle of the Brands (Current battle: pg. 192)

You must be logged in to post a reply!