Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Battle of the Brands (Current battle: pg. 179)

Posted Jun 18, '13 at 12:46pm

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,924 posts

Obviosly mybrand24

Obviously you aren't voting on the current thing.

Posted Jun 18, '13 at 2:38pm

Shane240199

Shane240199

5 posts

Next battle, between two of the most prominent sporting events in the world:

Doesn't the Superbowl just have teams from America in it?
Can't exactly say it's one of the most prominent sporting events in the world.

Olympics probably would've been more fitting.

have you seen the (real) football fans? they are idiots..

I'm sorry, you should probably clarify that more.
Everyone that is a football fan is an idiot?
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's idiotic.

The people that cause riots and whatnot are in the minority of the football fan base throughout the world.

Anyhow, I find the World Cup more entertaining, personally, because I genuinely like watching the games.

American football to me is just boring, I've never been able to watch a full game of it and, to be honest, I'm not too familiar with the rules.

If the above doesn't specify my vote; I'm voting for the Fifa World Cup.

Posted Jun 18, '13 at 3:13pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,119 posts

Everyone that is a football fan is an idiot?

nope never said that.
but shell we start comparing (useless) football accidents/violence whit accidents/violence during american football?

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's idiotic.

nope, but murder and riots over a game is idiotic.

The people that cause riots and whatnot are in the minority of the football fan base throughout the world.

of course, of course, doesn't take away that every weekend a few thousand fights happen at amateur and profesional footbal games.
i dunno about american football, might just aswell be the same there but whitout my knowlets and atleast on a smaller scale. (because it's a smaller sport)

Olympics probably would've been more fitting.

or "ICC cricket world cup"

Posted Jun 18, '13 at 7:52pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

5,397 posts

Yea the thread is still going woohoo! Thanks to all who are running it.

Now for my vote... Fifa!
Futbol is more fun to watch in my opinion as football has too much stop-and-go, whereas futbol is nonstop pretty much.

But my favorite is Austrailian football ;)
http://static.flickr.com/87/219760943_9a77780880.jpg

Anyways i'll just whisk back into nowhere and become a lurking ghost of AG :3

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 11:28am

xeano321

xeano321

2,970 posts

Knight

Ugh. Fine FIFA world cup. Did I actually have to say that? I said real football is much better.

Did you even read my post? We are not here to vote on which sport is better, but rather which sporting event is better. If you don't specifically state which you're voting for, a vote will not be counted.

Can't exactly say it's one of the most prominent sporting events in the world.

To quote from Wikipedia:

"The Super Bowl is also among the most-watched sporting events in the world, almost all being North American audiences, and is second to association footballâs UEFA Champions League final as the most watched annual sporting event worldwide."

It's a major sporting event for the world despite the fact that it is an American sport.

American football to me is just boring, I've never been able to watch a full game of it and, to be honest, I'm not too familiar with the rules.

You're unfamiliar with the game, so that automatically makes it inferior to soccer/football? If you want that to be your primary reason that's all good, but it's not really fair to pass judgement on a game without actually knowing about it.

i dunno about american football, might just aswell be the same there but whitout my knowlets and atleast on a smaller scale. (because it's a smaller sport)

Fights don't occur too often at NFL games. Watching the Super Bowl isn't near as frustrating as watching the World cup (that applies to the NFL and soccer in general.)

This round of Battle of the Brands has ended! I must say that this one generated way more discussion then the other recent ones have.

Final count:

FIFA: 6

Super Bowl: 5 (Thanks Sal. We could have tied this one up, but you didn't specifically say the Super Bowl.)

FIFA wins!

Now for the next battle... Which I'm still working on. I'll have it posted in a couple hours.

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 11:36am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,240 posts

Knight

It's a major sporting event for the world despite the fact that it is an American sport.

It's a major sporting event....for North America. It's not for the rest of the world. It's mostly people in that continent who watch it. So is it global? Nope.

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 10:02pm

mybrand24

mybrand24

41 posts

Apple

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 11:02pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,704 posts

Wrong battle there, mybrand24

Posted Jun 20, '13 at 12:33am

xeano321

xeano321

2,970 posts

Knight

It's a major sporting event....for North America. It's not for the rest of the world. It's mostly people in that continent who watch it. So is it global? Nope.

Still watched internationally. You do realize that only the developed countries can watch the FIFA world cup right? It's not really that much bigger when you consider it.

Battle is delayed till tomorrow! I was busy working today.

Posted Jun 20, '13 at 8:19am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,240 posts

Knight

Still watched internationally. You do realize that only the developed countries can watch the FIFA world cup right? It's not really that much bigger when you consider it.

The WC was shown in almost all nations worldwide. The Superbowl has a viewership of around 170 million, the WC last had a viewership of more than 600 million.

Reply to Battle of the Brands (Current battle: pg. 179)

You must be logged in to post a reply!