Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Battle of the Brands (Current battle: pg. 183)

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 9:07pm

HUA7XFan122396

HUA7XFan122396

79 posts

Activision, most of EA games are made for kids.

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 9:57pm

yourawesomeness

yourawesomeness

118 posts

tough choice. EA makes high quality sports games along with Command and Conquer, Army of Two, and Need for Speed, whereas Activision made COD, Crash and Spiro, Golden Eye, and Transformers.
my vote goes to EA by the tiniest margin

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 10:07pm

Osumnis

Osumnis

1,145 posts

I do see EA a lot more than I see Activision when playing games. So the choice is obvious for me, EA.

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 11:13pm

dragonball05

dragonball05

1,800 posts

Oh cool, it did become one of the battles. *goes to copy and paste my old answer*

I'd have to go with EA.

Simply put, EA has more games than Activision that I fully enjoy. Also, anything that Activision has that I enjoy, EA has something similar that I enjoy about as equally, though usually ending up surpassing the Activision game.

Activision for me that I can remember has Guitar Hero, Call of Duty, and Tony Hawk games when I used to play those skateboarding games when I was younger.

Aside from Tony Hawk (though I may not be remembering the EA skateboarding game), Call of Duty gets beat by Battlefield for me since I like the Bad Company games better, and Rockband is about as equal to Guitar Hero for me.

Past that, EA also has other games that I enjoy pretty well. Dragon Age for sure. That game was loads of fun. The Lord of the Rings games they've released have also been great, especially The Third Age. Though sometimes lacking, being a Harry Potter fan, I try to give the games at least a chance and play them a little before saying they suck. The earlier ones weren't as bad, and the newest ones aren't the worst games ever, but something almost feels lacking in them. Still good games, though. They, for me, surpass any games that Activision has put out in similar interests (sort of) like Spiderman and such. And whenever, I feel like racing, I can always rely on Burnout to be good, or if I want a change, Need for Speed games are also pretty good in my opinion.

Overall, EA has just appealed to me more so that's why my vote goes to EA.

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 11:18pm

xeano321

xeano321

3,134 posts

Knight

I'm going to go with EA on this one.

1. I'm getting a huge kick out of Madden NFL 2008 and I've always enjoyed NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 (Can't beat those old titles.)

2. I'm not really a fan of activision games... I've played a couple, and they weren't too bad actually, but EA is better.

Ummm.... I can't elaborate much more then that.

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 9:31pm

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,718 posts

My vote goes to EA; I'll take FIFA over CoD any day.

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 9:48pm

blk2860

blk2860

10,796 posts

Probably EA. It's a larger company and has a wider range of game:

NFS: Most Wanted (Original)
SIms 3
and a lot of others.

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 9:50pm

yourawesomeness

yourawesomeness

118 posts

I've already voted on this matter, but I suggest someone tally the votes on this match up. it would be nice to see where things stand.

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 11:36pm

killersup10

killersup10

2,781 posts

Killersup...cannot go between the two. Therfore, he shall sit out this round.

Posted Feb 2, '13 at 12:46am

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

When I think of EA, the only thing that stands out are the sports games.
When I think of Activision, I think of dozens of money cows.

Activision; sports games suck. Sports are meant for real life.

Reply to Battle of the Brands (Current battle: pg. 183)

You must be logged in to post a reply!