Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Battle of the Brands (Current battle: pg. 181)

Posted Jun 13, '13 at 1:33pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

14,756 posts

Knight

Manly! Wrong battle!

Posted Jun 13, '13 at 3:19pm

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,924 posts

I vote for FIFA World Cup.

Posted Jun 13, '13 at 3:23pm

Riptizoid101

Riptizoid101

5,831 posts

I vote for FIFA, because American "hand egg" does not compare to real football. Though, I'm American too. And I also like American Football. I just like Soccer more, I guess?

Posted Jun 13, '13 at 3:59pm

Gamer_Cale

Gamer_Cale

1,427 posts

Football because American football isn't very fluid they just stop and start all the time and I just cba to pay attention

Posted Jun 13, '13 at 5:09pm

Clancy12

Clancy12

4,724 posts

I don't like either of them, but I vote for FIFA, because it's the only one that I can stand to watch without smashing the TV.

Posted Jun 13, '13 at 5:22pm

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

6,789 posts

I hate soccer... and i love American Football... so its easy, Super Bowl

Posted Jun 13, '13 at 9:05pm

xeano321

xeano321

3,024 posts

Knight

because American "hand egg" does not compare to real football.

Don't call it hand egg. It's American Football, please refer to it by it's rightful name. (Even though it doesn't technically use the foot in every play, it does require a great amount of lower body skill. Not only that, but hand egg doesn't really make sense.)

Also, it may offend some people. It would kind of like somebody calling Soccer (Football) "foot-round."

Posted Jun 13, '13 at 9:27pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,474 posts

I'm voting super bowl. Awesome commercials aside, I prefer the level of strategy that goes into the plays instead of 'go out and win'.

Posted Jun 13, '13 at 9:28pm

Riptizoid101

Riptizoid101

5,831 posts

Don't call it hand egg. It's American Football, please refer to it by it's rightful name. (Even though it doesn't technically use the foot in every play, it does require a great amount of lower body skill. Not only that, but hand egg doesn't really make sense.)

Also, it may offend some people. It would kind of like somebody calling Soccer (Football) "foot-round."

My apologies. I just find it irritating how it's called Football, I suppose. Though, don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching the sport. And yes, it requires immense lower body strength and skill, but I prefer it if the name were adjusted or changed. That's my opinion, though.

Also, "foot-round" does not make any sense, as the word "ball" in "football" (soccer in the context I'm referring to) actually means, by definition, an object that is usually round or spherical. The only exception to the definition is American Football, but because it is the sole exception, I don't really consider it acceptable to call it a ball.

I mean, why change the definition of "ball" just for one sport?
As a side note, I don't mean to offend anybody in any way, shape or form. Just stating my thoughts and opinions.

Feel free to argue.

Posted Jun 14, '13 at 2:58pm

xeano321

xeano321

3,024 posts

Knight

I mean, why change the definition of "ball" just for one sport?

There is no set definition on what a ball is. Hand-egg makes as much sense as foot-round. The ball is ovoid, just like a soccer ball is spherical.

Since you watch american football, you should be aware that the ball is kicked frequently with the foot, so the name does fit. =D

Reply to Battle of the Brands (Current battle: pg. 181)

You must be logged in to post a reply!