ForumsGamesStrike Force Heroes 2 Progress

13 19815
JuiceyBox
JuiceyBox
129 posts
Peasant

Halo, Armor Games.

That's right. You received a Call of Duty.

But enough of those lame jokes. That would be derailing.

After looking at a few threads, preferably, "What games are you waiting for?", I found out most of you are waiting for Strike Force Heroes 2. So I thought I might post a few, NOT FAKE pics from progress, in case anyone else didn't know yet.

Just a heads up: It's been confirmed that your original squad from SFH 1 (Bull, Toad, Riggs, and Shadow) and the original classes (Medic, Commando, Assassin, and Tank) will not, I repeat: NOT be returning. You will instead get new allies and new classes. Let me show you two of them:

Meet Nathan, the Engineer

http://sky9games.com/images/announcements/sfh2_engineer.png

The Engineer is a replacement for the Medic. Most people liked the Medic's guns and killstreaks, but he didn't really show off his supportive and team-player style. Well, now you can! Be the offensive, defensive and tactical expert/geek the Medic could never be! Would you rather deploy Sentry Turrets to cover your allies? Or send in Attack Drones to follow your allies around? Now, you can! That's the beauty of the Engineer. He'll still be using the Medic's weapons, though, such as Assault Rifles and Magnums.

Meet Dex, the Mercenary

http://sky9games.com/images/announcements/sfh2_mercenary.png

The Commando was seen by the Creators as an offensive version of the Medic. Instead of constant healing and protection--basically making your allies stronger--the Commando would focus on constant rapid fire and stopping the enemy from advancing--making your enemies weaker so your allies can do an easier job. Well, that's all gone with the Mercenary. They shifted that supportive style to a new class, sort of like the Engineer. But since the Engineer's a tactical-offensive-defensive teamplayer all in one, who knows what the new class could be! But anyways, have you ever wanted to be a mix of Rambo and Captain Price? Well, now you can! Wow, I sound like an advertiser.

Whatever the replacement of the Assassin is, it'll still have that lone wolf style, like the Commando--I mean, Mercenary. Think of Mercenaries as Brutes and Assassin-Replacements as Elites. Get the idea?

http://sky9games.com/images/announcements/sfh2_appearance.png

^^Screenshot of the not-so-final soldier customization menu. See those five symbols to the upper right? There are five symbols. One is obviously the Engineer. Note that the bullet, scope and shield are only placeholders. They'll get replaced soon. Now, the new class? Well, up to you to decide.

What the new class may be:
Judging from the symbol, it may be some sort of soldier that's always close to HQ. Any guesses?

What the new class will not be:
It's obviously not a violent class, looking at the picture alone. And it is not a class with a rank, such as corporal or general or whatever. This would make the class seem superior to all others. And if the class is not superior, then people will ask it to be superior. Which wouldn't work. Besides, what's to stop an Engineer from being a Corporal? Nothing. But what's to stop an Engineer from being a Mercenary? Well, the game itself! You can't be a Mercenary and an Engineer at the same time!

So, wuja think of it? Is it gonna be good? Discuss!

PS. Sorry if I look like I'm spamming, or if there's already a thread about this. I read the rules, but they're not very clear.

• 13 Replies
LazyClam
LazyClam
2 posts
Shepherd

thats awesome

ReaEpicness
ReaEpicness
4 posts
Nomad

Awesome. heck this out.[url=http://minecraft.net]

JuiceyBox
JuiceyBox
129 posts
Peasant

Hey, just a small update! The Creators have released the brand new weapon system. What's so good about it? Well, SFH 2 is the only game that has this feature! Take a look:

As you may remember, in SFH 1, each class had a small handful of weapons to choose from. Once you were in a high enough level, you could purchase and equip a new, much stronger weapon. The problem with this though, is that there really wasn't too much freedom. If you liked a weapon, there would usually be a better version of it, which is usually the next gun, which means: Grind to win.

This is gone now. SFH 2 has a much better weapons system, which will be discussed in this post. Here:

http://sky9games.com/images/announcements/sfh2_weapons1.png

Now, it's not about buying your weapons. It's now also about collecting them. The picture above shows your weapon set, and you can select which you want to use in a battle. So, what's the use of this? Why bother buying two of the same gun? Well, this is because no two weapons are exactly the same. You could buy a Sniper Rifle, like the AWP and buy another AWP. Odds are, the first AWP would deal more damage, while the second AWP would be more accurate.

What else is in that pic? Well, read the first paragraph again. Say that you really like the M4, but it just isn't as good as the FAMAS. So you're forced to switch. Well, that's gone now. Instead, as you level up, you get higher level weapons that accompany you! So what does this also mean? Every weapon is unlocked from the start! It's just that they'll all have different stats. Say, the M4 could do more damage and fire faster than the FAMAS, but the FAMAS has more ammo and better accuracy. In level 2, the M4 will get better in all sides (mainly damage and fire rate), and so will the FAMAS, in its own specialty. So if you really like a certain gun, no need to replace it! Just wait until the next level so you could upgrade it.

http://sky9games.com/images/announcements/sfh2_weapons4.png
http://sky9games.com/images/announcements/sfh2_weapons3.png

Not just that, though, in addition to the 100+ weapons in the game, there are now also four weapon qualities aside from, "Ordinary". These are broken, rusted, refined and flawless. Broken weapons tend to have really bad stats, and a horrible special property, like jamming in the middle of a battle.Rusted is just like broken, but less likely to jam or explode randomly. Refined guns are really high-quality, having great stats, but are usually really expensive. Now, flawless guns are what you really want. These guns have the best stats in the game and almost always have a special property, like setting stuff on fire randomly. But the best of the best? Well, those are:

http://sky9games.com/images/announcements/sfh2_weapons4.png

Custom Weapons. These weapons have pretty random stats, but are almost always way better than flawless guns. And they will always have one or more awesome property to them. The best way to get them is to either do really good in a match, or try your luck in a slot machine.

So, what else about these weapons? Well, attachments! Have you ever wanted an Assault Rifle that has a Grenade Launcher? Or something as crazy as a Rocket Launcher with a scope? Well, now you can! Each weapon type has its own, cool set of attachments, and you can equip up to three per gun. So make sure you save up for those slug rounds for your Sniper Rifle! Hehe.

So, a final note: It's confirmed that the new class has dual-wields as a primary weapon. The Engineer is the only class that can use Assault Rifles, but two classes will be able to use Magnums. At the same time, the Mercenary is the only class that can use Machine Guns, but two classes can use Rocket Launchers, and so on.

So, hope you like this update. I'll have to bring back this thread a couple of times, since the devs give updates every week. It's just that doing this is in violation of the rules... Hmm... Anyway! Enjoy-ah.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

[quote=Juice_Box]Now, flawless guns are what you really want. These guns have the best stats in the game and almost always have a special property, like setting stuff on fire randomly. But the best of the best?[/quote] I believe flawless is an upgraded refined, because Justin said
[quote=Justin]Not only will they always have the highest stats, but they will also always have 1 unique property to them. You may find Custom weapons that set enemies on fire, do more damage to flesh, and even ones that fire explosive bullets[/quote]

Probably a good thing you posted this, for the Armor Games forumers who are also fans of Justin's game.

~~~Darth Caedus

JuiceyBox
JuiceyBox
129 posts
Peasant

Well, I pretty much just reposted what Justin said, but in my words lol.

But everything he said was posted, so chillawx.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

But everything he said was posted, so chillawx.
Okay, but why do you have the broken pic up twice (right before you talk about custom weapons and when you first mentioned broken and rusted weapons.)

p.s. Why did you change your name to JuiceyBox for joining AG?

~~~Darth Caedus
JuiceyBox
JuiceyBox
129 posts
Peasant

The name, "Juice-Box" was already taken.

Try reloading the page. The broken images should fix up .

thurmond11
thurmond11
6 posts
Nomad

hi

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Since Juice_box hasn't posted it yet, here is the next update.

He briefly discusses SFH 1 abilities, mentioning that you have to pay for them.

All abilities are free and earned automatically by leveling up. All your money can be spent on weapons/equipment. You can now freely swap between abilities until you find one to your liking.

here's a image of the Engineers abilities, with the combat drone which you can summon even if their is one on the field already (kinda like how kevlar worked in the first game, you can still earn kills and deploy it even if you have it out already, except deploying a new drone does not destroy the old drones you have out already).
http://sky9games.com/images/announcements/sfh2_abilities1.png

20 UNIQUE skills and killsteaks.

In SFH 1, some kill streaks were shared and the skills had small impacts.

Now, each skill has a larger impact, and killstreaks are unique to each class, each skill is also good in its own way, instead of higher level skills being better like in SFH 1.
http://sky9games.com/images/announcements/sfh2_abilities2.png

Physical AND DESTROYABLE killstreaks.

killstreaks are now physical objects, and can be destroyed by enemy fire. They also can be used to block enemy bullets, while you shoot through them.

in the below picture, the engineer is occupying the enemies with a sentry turret, while he fights from higher ground.
http://sky9games.com/images/announcements/sfh2_abilities3.png

Extra notes
Killstreaks and skills now fit the characters personality, with the Engineers military background, he has killstreaks having to do with weapon mastery. With the Mercenary's lone wolf style, his killstreaks improve his own power, allowing him to take out enemies on his own. You will have to wait on information on the other 3 classes.

btw, progress on SFH 2 in now 55% done.

age=1">The post made by Justin on his website

~~~Darth Caedus
starclash95
starclash95
2 posts
Nomad

Yeah, i know, little too late to say anything...

Will SFH2 have the ability to save your game using the cloud???

If yes, Juice Tin, you are my man!!!!

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

since he posted about abilities, he has added some more developments.

The new class, the General, your ally for this class is a man called West, he uses pistols, like magnums, and duel wields too.

a post on attachments

a post on the new shop, and a slot machine where you can win high quality weapons.

The redesigned assassin, now known as sniper, ally is Jyn

and released to day, Justin explained how armor will work.

progress is currently 72%

~~~Darth Caedus

Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

Wow, can't wait to see the game in a few months or so. I loved the first Strike Force Heroes game.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

judging by rate of progress, it will probably release sometime in early February.

~~~Darth Caedus

Showing 1-13 of 13