ForumsThe TavernHow do you define a Zombie?

46 6510
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Ok this is something that gets to me sometimes and its how people define zombies and vampires because IMO I define a zombie as someone who has the uncontrollable urge to eat flesh this doesn't apply to cannibals because they choose to eat flesh.

I was wondering how everyone else defines a zombie because there is often arguments about this and if films like 28 days later classes as a zombie film or not let me know what you think.

• 46 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

A zombie is a reanimated being(was dead and now is alive). That is what I define as a zombie. Your classic zombie would be slow and eat brains. Then you have zombies that are just like humans but they want your brains. There are also lots of other types of zombies that have been made. I am a classic zombie fan though.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

There are many ways to define a zombie. Here's one way, a undead creature risen from the dead that craves for flesh, when a zombie has bitten a person that person will also become a zombie.

Katnip28
Katnip28
24 posts
Nomad

something or someone that died but can still move and still has the need to eat (flesh or typically brains)

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

Zombie
4: A tall drink typically made with several kinds of rum, citrus juice, and often apricot liquor.
-dictionary.com

jk

I'd go with 'one who moves or behaves autonomically without consciousness' to include the 28 Days Later kind, but that can also include people who sleepwalk or take bath salts.

A zombie is a reanimated being(was dead and now is alive).

Technically, that includes people who got resuscitated.

I define a zombie as someone who has the uncontrollable urge to eat flesh

You might want to include what type of flesh, otherwise it counts animal meat.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

A zombie is a reanimated being
Applying the star wars story, the body isn't even alive, the virus is using the body as a vehicle, driving it with its will. The virus attacks the host when it senses it has the needed advantage to win the fight with the antibodies (up until that point it avoids antibodies and reproduces silently), and after killing the host, it is able to sense when their are enough infected to defeat those who are still alive (I think this applies only to the airborne strain, which cannot be stopped by any biological containment processes, and the only living left are those immune to the airborne strain, and those vaccinated (these people can still be infected by bites)). Zombies are able to use any technology, including star fighters and blasters, and have a steep learning curve. However, if infected by the airborne strain, they die as soon as they are removed from the source of the infection. (i.e. in an infection aboard a star destroyer, the zombies died when they tried to leave in fighters, chasing after Han, Chewie and Friends)

Zombies, by my definition, are anyone who has been reanimated by a virus and has an urge to devour the flesh of those who are still living (even if it provides no nutritional value.)

~~~Darth Caedus
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

From websters dictionary.
Zombie-twilight fans

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Just saw this

being(was dead and now is alive).

I'm pretty sure that Jesus wasn't a zombie.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Zombie-twilight fans

There were zombies in Twilight?
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I'm pretty sure that Jesus wasn't a zombie.
What about Lazarus, and the Centurion's daughter (I think she had a name), and . . .

There were zombies in Twilight?
I think what he is saying is that fans of Twilight are ZOMBIES.

~~~Darth Caedus
Jumpper
Jumpper
196 posts
Nomad

the uncontrollable urge to eat flesh

Yes I agree with that part but here is what I think a zombie is.

A zombie is an undead human who has
the uncontrollable urge to eat flesh
and can (depending on what your beliefs are) be split into two categories. category one is the viral zombie: these zombies are an infection by touching your blood or getting into your system some how. the second is a demon zombie: these are not infectious but are just the dead being risen from the dead by devils. they will consume flesh and go on a rampage killing everybody in there path. the only way this could happen is if a person let there body be taken by the spirit after death.

this is what I think a zombie can be.
JuiceyBox
JuiceyBox
129 posts
Peasant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie

^^Wikipedia's definition of a zombie.

Now, why is Africa there?

Don't blame me. Blame Wikipedia.

bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

I know the general definition is coming back from the dead, but also for me when they're infected into a zombie like state of mind.

zeus999
zeus999
31 posts
Shepherd

why has no one mentioned shooting them in the head i mean that's the most important detail.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

College students...mindless zombies...

One who's brain has caved into a outside force that forces the human to have un-human characteristics. Really, Killersup thinks that one of the effects of the virus is super-envy. Envy that they will never again have the ability to have fun,that they lost the game of life. They wish to be completely human once again, but they envy the alive so much that they hate them. So they choose to make the living suffer the same fate as them.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith
Showing 1-15 of 46