ForumsThe TavernWhat subjects do you recommend?

15 2107
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

In my school it is now time to choose subjects for the next year of schooling and I'm kind of having trouble thinking about it. I really am interested in economics but from everyone I ask they tell me that it is horrible. The thing is, I enjoyed business interaction this year and I want to continue. I'm trying to let my opinion not be swayed by other people but not a single person has told me I should just do what I want. Then again, the whole point of this thread is to get opinions on what I should do from a unbiased view.

So just give your opinions on subjects that you really liked and maybe (If they are an option to me) I might check them out. Even if doesn't apply to me feel free to post anyway.

• 15 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Pick what you're good at, what you want to be good at, and what you want to do. If you're a fan of the numbers part of business, try accounting, finance, and economics. If you're more about people, try management and marketing, maybe a psychology/sociology class. My economics class was really easy, but I'm good with charts/numbers/data/concepts and the teacher was lax.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I need some more info. What year are you going to be? What classes have you taken?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Choose something that's easy for you, that's all I have to say.

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

No problem. Note that I don't live in america by the way.

I am currently in grade 9 going into grade 10. I am 14 years old. Grade 8 there was no choice. In grade 9 I chose Business interaction (Didn't completely ace the class but I still did fairly well and enjoyed it), Advanced mathematics (Finding it a little bit hard but not too hard. I can keep up. There was bits of accounting), Pre-Psychology class (It's a general science class that focuses a bit more on Psychology but still covers everything. Really interested in this but we haven't gone near marketing yet so I don't know what that would be like).

What people tell me about economics: It's really hard, nothing like business interacting, focuses more on how the world runs in a capitalist situation, etc.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Economics shouldn't be hard, but I think it really depends on how much fun your teacher can make it. Can you figure out who the teacher is and if their reputation is good? If it sounds like the teacher is awesome, go for it.

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I would recommend Tech. Ed. or shop class. In tech ed, you do a bunch of woodworking and building. You also use metals sometimes. It's also a good idea to take because there is a shortage of engineers.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Can you take Auto? Knowing how to work on cars will always come in handy.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Well you seem to enjoy business classes so I would take Econ. I am in Econ right now and I find that it is really easy. However I am a senior(Grade 12) but I think I could have done it in grade 9 and done fine.

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

Thanks for the help guys.

I'm choosing my subjects today so I'll definitely give it a try. Hopefully it all turns out well and I guess we'll see what happens next year. I don't need anymore help now.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Choose something that's easy for you, that's all I have to say.

Maybe you would want that, but not me

Anyway I guess I'm too late for advice, but I hope you scheduled well!
ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I actually am scheduling for 9th grade on Friday. I don't really know the choices or anything, though.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

So how did it go bud! Killersup can't wait to hear the results....

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I actually am scheduling for 9th grade on Friday. I don't really know the choices or anything, though.

Well that isn't helpful. Hmmm. Freshman year. What classes did I have?

Honors Geometry
Spanish II
World History
Drawing
English 9
Biology
Health/Food

Freshman year you should just try many things, see what you like and stuff.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Economics is good, I had fun doing it.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

JROTC isn't a bad choice, if your school has the program. You'll learn discipline and get to wear a snazzy uniform.
Showing 1-15 of 15