Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Swearing/Cursing Unnecessary or expressive?

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 3:34pm

IAgreeWithYou

IAgreeWithYou

419 posts

*old man voice*

Swearing and cursing is definitely useful. I remember when some little punk kid took my fake teeth. I gave him all he needed and he never said a word again...

"You TIDDLY TIDDLES TIDDLING TIDDLSNAPPER SAURUS GUM"

Yes, I taught him.

On a serious note though, in case anyone was wondering you can take this thread anyway you like. It depends what you have an opinion on really. It can be AG or real life. Take it how you will.

F-bomb

Yes, we all know this one. Surprisingly it isn't blocked on AG. Look, "Firetruck". That seriously needs to be fixed...

One I find really strange is "c***" (Male genitalia). Nowadays I have to call people male chickens. Unfortunately that doesn't really get the point across just as well...

"Get back here you ROOSTER SUCKER!! YOU'RE SUCH A FIRETRUCKING MALE CHICKEN!"

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 7:07pm

fireangle

fireangle

133 posts

@ss - Butt or donkey. Not really so bad now is it?

***** - Female dog. Once upon a time..calling a person a dog was a huge insult...similar to calling someone today a douc4e

D@mn - Probably the only true "curse" word...when using curse in the term of cursing someone like a witch would. Example of how it is properly used: "I d@mn you to hell"

F-bomb - Don't even try to say it stands for something with a king and all that crap. It come from the German word Fick...which means the sexual act we all use the f-bomb for.

Hell - Ok..come on..it is a "place"

**** - Poop..crap..excrement

Piss - Well..this ones negative connotation seems to have died. Did you know this used to be a "curse word"?

Cun7 - Woman's genitalia. Two different definitions for its insulting use..."an unpleasant or stupid person" (well hey..that isn't so bad!) or a "usually disparaging and obscene: woman" (well well well..look at that..that isn't so "unintelligent"...just simplified)

**** - Male genitalia. This one is actually meant to be vulgar

What about N***** which is the offencive term for black?

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 7:11pm

Jumpper

Jumpper

153 posts

"I don't usually call people ****ers I call them Retards.

I can deal with that

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 7:50pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

3,907 posts

"I don't usually call people ****ers I call them Retards.

lol... There's this one kid at my school he'll just come up to you and be like SUP ****3RS! xD
But piss really isn't a bad word anymore... It just means pee lol...

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 8:00pm

AceofSky

AceofSky

728 posts

No Sal, pang, Ernie and GOH.

What is this?
Am I not important or something? Lol? I have been inactive because I got addicted to a new game and school work piles after a while.

Anyways, swearing seriously doesn't make you look cool. I used to notice all of my friends swore and whatnot. So I swore once and they were pretty surprised. So, seriously, in the heat of the moment swearing seems cool. The Kool Katz only swear. Not really true. Just don't swear, but I mean at some times, if you need to get your point across and calling someone a boogerhead doesn't work, then use caps lock with cruise control.

Swearing on AG is a different thing. Don't swear, kids can see. Blah, blah....If you need to, let the censors work.

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 8:38pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

3,907 posts

What is this?
Am I not important or something? Lol?

Hmmm... I could say you are but i've never seen you before xDD

but I mean at some times, if you need to get your point across and calling someone a boogerhead doesn't work, then use caps lock with cruise control.

Exactly... ^^

Posted Nov 30, '12 at 4:24am

JoshTheBoss

JoshTheBoss

412 posts

It depends because some people have taste, but others are ****ing retards.

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 4:17am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,582 posts

What about N***** which is the offencive term for black?

Forgot about that one...this one is one of the few that is actually meant to be vulgar. So chalk the count up to 2

From the earliest usage it was "the term that carries with it all the obloquy and contempt and rejection which whites have inflicted on blacks"
Source

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 6:06am

sensanaty

sensanaty

862 posts

In my personal opinion swearing shows your intelligence...

Most of my college professors swore like sailors (and ever more than sailors ever swore).
Depends how/where a person grows up. In Pansy countries, swearing is something to be frowned upon, while in countries I've lived in, swearing is just another addition to words. In Serbian, I can swear at least 4 times in one sentence, and not a single person will take offense. No one degrades you for just saying "bad" words.

When I visited the UK, I was amazed at how people looked at me whenever I used the word '****', and I use '****' a lot. Everyone took that one word personally for whatever reason, and treated me as if I crucified their entire family, and forced them to watch it.

Now, if someone were to swear whenever they liked, that would be ridiculous. But if I'm on the streets of London, or in a cafe in Amsterdam, I won't hold back from swearing just cause it's "not nice".

I was brought up to believe swearing is nothing serious. In truth, it really isn't. Every language in the world has swear words. If it were so bad to use them, then why are they there?

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 11:26am

hokzwijn

hokzwijn

467 posts

I think swearing is necesarry in the form of expression when you are in pain or when something annoys you very much. You should not use swear words against other people.

But swearing is natural and it is wrong to stop people from doing it. So I do think swearing is necessary, because it is a part of human culture. For example, the first things you usually learn in a language (after "hello" and such) are the swear words.

Please people do not refrain from swearing. Yet, keep it polite and out of the forum. Because a forum is for discussion and fun talk and not for wear words.

Reply to Swearing/Cursing Unnecessary or expressive?

You must be logged in to post a reply!