Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Swearing/Cursing Unnecessary or expressive?

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 2:29am

greentrev106

greentrev106

186 posts

I think it makes people sound immature, especially when they swear constantly, it drives me insane.

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 11:15am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,296 posts

Knight

(e.g job interviews, formal situations).

My friend swore in such an interview when his phone rang and dropped.

Needless to say, **** was real that day.

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 4:26pm

SaifurRahman

SaifurRahman

75 posts

I would say cursing is a way to express anger(as I use to curse alot), but it is not necessary.

Posted Dec 27, '12 at 2:04am

BRF321JOJO

BRF321JOJO

115 posts

i dont mind ether way but dont anyone say that everyone here is 13+ because probably 40% of the people here are under 13
i think the first / second comment is right cursing should be allowed now just saying 40% of the people here are under 13 because what immature person would have their parents let them make them an account and them knowing you had to 13+ not including the 2% that got away with doing that

Posted Dec 27, '12 at 8:25am

Hintkin

Hintkin

21 posts

I don't think swearing/cursing is necessary. It could be a way of expression but it doesn't mean you need to say those words when you're angry or anything.

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 3:50am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,757 posts

I don't think swearing/cursing is necessary. It could be a way of expression but it doesn't mean you need to say those words when you're angry or anything.

Psst...read through the thread..we've already had a good debate bout this all =p

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 5:04am

Hintkin

Hintkin

21 posts

Psst...read through the thread..we've already had a good debate bout this all =p

Okay...

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 9:09am

spikeabc

spikeabc

1,696 posts

aww pang only you would know or care about that...

swearing is rather epressive because those words are strong.

there is nothing wrong with swearing. if you dissagree visit my wall.

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 12:11pm

kegaumongo

kegaumongo

1,883 posts

(e.g job interviews, formal situations).

For obvious reasons, I don't swear in kind of situations, but I remember a job interview when the interviewer started to curse. Not at me, but at somebody else on the phone. Needless to say, it was quite akward...

Well, it shouldn't be because languages have enough words to allow us to express things in many ways. Having said that, sometimes I find it hard not to curse, especially if my physical integrity is in danger due to other people's stupidity (not the word I have in mind, but I can't find the right word in English, sorry).
Example: I work in a lab. The other day somebody left a couple of test tubes filled with an acid in an inappropiate place and I almost burned myself. I could've been seriously injured! Obviously, I cursed and yelled at her for some time...

Posted Jan 18, '13 at 11:55pm

Xavierthe9

Xavierthe9

162 posts

Swearing: used in moderation. not something to be used if its unnecessary.

Reply to Swearing/Cursing Unnecessary or expressive?

You must be logged in to post a reply!