ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Suggestion

7 3321
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

First off sorry if this was in the wrong section. If it belongs somewhere else please notify me and I will contact a moderator.

Now to the more important part. My suggestion was to make a send to group button. Pretty self explanitrory; right. It can help everyone in multple ways such as helping AG and increase forum use, and also help the user themself. There are a lot of clans on AG and I think all of them have a mailman/messenger; or maybe a user is advertising for a clan or something their doing and they want to alert their friends. It takes a user 20-30 minutes (sometimes more) to send the people in your clan or on your friends list the message. That time they are using could be spent in the forums or playing games. Another reason this should be on AG3 is it can help the user themself. That 30 minutes the user is spending sending messages could be used for studying for a test or double checking homework. It can help the user have better grades and can lower the number of dropouts. It can help them be more successful in this tough economy. Overall it helps them have a better career. It's all positives here. More time in the forums. Smarter people (whose knowledge can go into the forums). Good careers. That shouldn't push the opening date of AG back a lot since other sites have already done it. If AG makes the send to group button then I and I'm sure a few other users will be more active in the forums. I hope this post was convincing enough for you to make one. Thank you. Now who agrees with me.

• 7 Replies
kirks011
kirks011
178 posts
Farmer

This idea is fantastic! how come no one thought of this before? Get a admin to see this and hopefully add it as a feature. i completely agree with ur idea

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

That time they are using could be spent in the forums or playing games. Another reason this should be on AG3 is it can help the user themself. That 30 minutes the user is spending sending messages could be used for studying for a test or double checking homework. It can help the user have better grades and can lower the number of dropouts. It can help them be more successful in this tough economy. Overall it helps them have a better career. It's all positives here.

That's a long shot... Not sending your group/clan messages isn't gonna improve the economy xD
Also... Just because it doesn't take as long doesn't mean more users are gonna come to the forums... :P

In ways this idea is good and bad.
Good
As you said would make less time to post to your group/clan.
Bad
Two words. Spam. Machine.
If this idea IS implemented do you know how much spam and farming that could create? Just sending it to every freakin' user on the site to farm. Ya know what i mean? =/
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

That's a long shot... Not sending your group/clan messages isn't gonna improve the economy xD

well yes when you put it like that
well if they spend that extra time studying it will help them and the econmy a little

Also... Just because it doesn't take as long doesn't mean more users are gonna come to the forums

where would a person spend all this time
playing games, forum posting, getting 1 less tv show out of the way, or studying

If this idea IS implemented do you know how much spam and farming that could create? Just sending it to every freakin' user on the site to farm. Ya know what i mean

thats true
never looked at it that way
well i guess its gonna have to go through a mod or admin before it is sent out
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

SUPER BOB WASSAP

If you want to say hi to a person...do so on their page please

If this idea IS implemented do you know how much spam and farming that could create? Just sending it to every freakin' user on the site to farm. Ya know what i mean? =/

Correct me if I'm wrong on what I believe you are saying...but are you saying that the "send to group" button would cause spam/farming for points? What they could do is either give no AP for using it (which, if they did do the group stuff..AP would probably be gone by then so..) or count it as if you are sending it to just one user instead of how many is in the group
kuffyruff
kuffyruff
207 posts
Jester

Assuming that this feature is implemented into AG3, I don't think that farming for points would be a major issue.

Also... Just because it doesn't take as long doesn't mean more users are gonna come to the forums... :P

It could. I've found that one of the reasons why I'm not as active on the forums is due to the generally slow response time.

That's a good thought too, but there'd need to be a significantly larger amount of moderators and admins to regulate everything, unless each could manage several at a time.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

where would a person spend all this time
playing games, forum posting, getting 1 less tv show out of the way, or studying

Ehhh... Slackers are slackers. That's all i have to say... People with a life would prioritize school though lol... :3

They aren't gonna lke this idea... I can see it ending in turnmoil :P
Showing 1-6 of 7