Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Doctor Who...

Posted Nov 27, '12 at 11:51pm

JuicyFruits

JuicyFruits

177 posts

Yup Doctor Who!Ever heard of it?Seen it?Well if you haven't it's this pretty awesome show on BBC America.If you have seen it tell me your thoughts about it.

Posted Nov 28, '12 at 1:27am

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

5,277 posts

I have heard good things about it from my friends. But living in America i'm not into it. Never seen it before lol ^^

Posted Nov 28, '12 at 1:29am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,776 posts

Knight

Doctor Who is one of my favorite sci-fis out there.

Posted Nov 28, '12 at 5:36am

BritHennerz

BritHennerz

406 posts

Ah, it's great to see that not all Americans think British TV is terrible :)

Posted Nov 28, '12 at 9:30am

JuicyFruits

JuicyFruits

177 posts

Ah, it's great to see that not all Americans think British TV is terrible :)
Are you British?And yes it isn't terrible.Another good one is TopGun.

Posted Nov 28, '12 at 9:39pm

Ishtaron

Ishtaron

93 posts

I loved it in 2005 when Christopher Eccleston was The Doctor but after that the episodes just got weird and the new actors weren't nearly as good. Every now and then there's some really great episodes like the city of weeping angels but I'm not nearly as interested in it as I used to be.

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 12:26am

JuicyFruits

JuicyFruits

177 posts

Every now and then there's some really great episodes like the city of weeping angels
I love that episode.I really like the ones with Matt Smith too.

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 9:30am

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,090 posts

I loved it in 2005 when Christopher Eccleston was The Doctor but after that the episodes just got weird and the new actors weren't nearly as good. Every now and then there's some really great episodes like the city of weeping angels but I'm not nearly as interested in it as I used to be.
I didn't like how depressed Eccleston always was, Tennant is pretty good, and Smith had a lot of episodes with really creepy aliens (example: Night Terrors with those dolls)

source: seen series 1, 5, 6 and halfway through 2.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 4:04pm

Ishtaron

Ishtaron

93 posts

I didn't like how depressed Eccleston always was,

Actually that's a big part of why I loved Eccleston as The Doctor. When you look at his background, The Doctor as a character is a former soldier mourning the loss of his entire species as well as the atrocities he was responsible for during the war. To cope he tries to use humor and exciting situations to distract him but when the time comes he can immediately switch back to the serious super soldier that he had to be in order to survive the time war. Quite frankly I don't know of anyone better suited to play that role.

Tennant is pretty good, and Smith had a lot of episodes with really creepy aliens (example: Night Terrors with those dolls)

I don't know, a disembodied voice crying out "are you my mummy" still rings in the night if you're listening because that episode was awesome and frightening. Personally I consider that episode way creepier than anything involving the weeping angels.

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 8:21pm

wishfulpoison77

wishfulpoison77

131 posts

Doctor Who is epic!

Reply to Doctor Who...

You must be logged in to post a reply!