Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Doctor Who...

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 8:35pm

JuicyFruits

JuicyFruits

171 posts

Tennant is pretty good, and Smith had a lot of episodes with really creepy aliens (example: Night Terrors with those dolls)

I agree. Smith did have a lot of episodes with weird aliens. Tennant was awesome, but Smith is still my favorite

Posted Nov 30, '12 at 1:50am

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,268 posts

I don't know, a disembodied voice crying out "are you my mummy" still rings in the night if you're listening because that episode was awesome and frightening.  Personally I consider that episode way creepier than anything involving the weeping angels.

I have heard that when later presented with a mask, the Doctor repeats that phrase, can't wait to see that episode.

I have one question, how does Rose not realize that Mickey's Auton duplicate is plastic?

btw, ALLONS-Y

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Dec 16, '12 at 5:36pm

EtTuLadyBlue

EtTuLadyBlue

1 post

I'm personally in love with Tennant as the doctor. He just has this manic energy, but more restraint than Smith. Smith also has this self loathing/sociopathic tendency which can make his character oddly unappealing. Also don't care much for him and River Song. (Although I adored Amy and Rory).

Eccleston is horribly underlooked in my opinion, because the writing of his season had a  lot of rocky points. But what he brought to the role was fantastic.

I have lots of Doctor Who feelings, and everyone should take a watch.

Posted Dec 16, '12 at 6:26pm

ptcdcs

ptcdcs

12 posts

David Tennant was the best. But Matt Smith has grown on me. And Amy and Rory have been the best companions. Can't wait for the X-Mas Episode.

Posted Dec 16, '12 at 7:50pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

Eccleston is horribly underlooked in my opinion, because the writing of his season had a  lot of rocky points. But what he brought to the role was fantastic.

It might have something to do with the general "Doctor-rule", which simply states that the first doctor you get to know, will be your favourite one. It is of course not universally true, but many did get into Doctor Who around Tennant's time, and will think he is the better of them all.
I, for one, liked Eccleston better, while my siblings enjoy Smith more, as he was their first.

Anyway, a wonderful and rather special series. It has some interesting themes and all things considered, it has aged well during the past 49 years. Especially with the new series, which has attracted a lot of new fans.

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 7:51pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,268 posts

Even though Smith was my first, I think I like Tennant better.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 9:41pm

daleks

daleks

3,296 posts

And Amy and Rory have been the best companions

Donna is my favorite of the new ones. She is the only one that they never really had any love thing with the doctor.

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 1:21am

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,268 posts

Ecclestion is Exciting
Tennant? What?
and Smith is Cool.

companions
Rose decent enough, but got into tricky situations a lot. (ex. when she got eaten by the wire)
Martha Jones, weird relationship, but very loyal.
Donna, not seen enough to really form an opinion, but very brave and determined
Amy Pond, willing to do anything for the Doctor, exposure to cracks helped Doctor save the Universe.
Rory Williams (Pond), dies several times, has great love for his wife.

I Think I liked Martha the best.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Dec 19, '12 at 1:31pm

kakadz

kakadz

3 posts

Doctor who told me that u will die in 3secs

Posted Dec 19, '12 at 4:41pm

daleks

daleks

3,296 posts

I Think I liked Martha the best.

The whole world now hates you.

Well, at least me and some of my Dr. Who friends. I don't really like the whole relationship thing with the Doctor. And with Martha it was really annoying. I cannot stand her for that reason.

Reply to Doctor Who...

You must be logged in to post a reply!