Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Doctor Who...

Posted Jan 8, '13 at 5:59am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,687 posts

Knight

You are aware that there is over 20 seasons of ~8 episodes each, right?

More like 25-40 episodes each season... That's ridiculous, must've been a great show to have lasted that long.

But I am near the end of season 6 on the 2005 version. How they explained how the doctor survived and the question was clever. Both were kinda obvious, but I didn't understand it until they explained.

Posted Jan 9, '13 at 10:31am

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,154 posts

Do they have Torchwood?

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Jan 9, '13 at 12:56pm

Ishtaron

Ishtaron

61 posts

Do they have Torchwood?

Netflix has it but the movie is DVD only.

Posted Jan 9, '13 at 1:11pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,687 posts

Knight

Do they have Torchwood?

Yes. If you want to search things, just click the appropriate link at the top then type in what you want in the bar. They have tons of stuff there, even recently released movies.

So I watched all Doctor Who episodes (2005 version). I'm not sure about Matt Smith as the Doctor. It just doesn't feel right, it seems like the Doctor should be older, and I can't connect to this Doctor. There's too much quirkiness. The 10th Doctor had some too, but he seemed more human, so I think that was a perfect mix.

Posted Jan 10, '13 at 12:16am

Kyouzou

Kyouzou

4,753 posts

That was the whole point with the 10th Doctor though, he reached a point where he shed his humanity, he considered him self to be above mankind and thereby tried to change their history, when time itself wouldn't allow it.

As for the quirkiness, he's The Doctor, you're not going to get around it. Fish-sticks and custard indeed.

Posted Jan 10, '13 at 1:42am

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,154 posts

As for the quirkiness, he's The Doctor, you're not going to get around it. Fish-sticks and custard indeed.

Fish fingers and Custard.

@GOM, what, in your opinion, was the weirdest episode? (I vote Night Terrors)

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Jan 13, '13 at 10:46am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,687 posts

Knight

Night Terrors was probably the weirdest I've seen. Another one would be the minotaur in the hotel. People getting possessed, seeing odd things in rooms, then those one scenes with the Indian chick laughing then being scared. Very random.

Posted Jan 13, '13 at 3:14pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,154 posts

Night Terrors was probably the weirdest I've seen. Another one would be the minotaur in the hotel. People getting possessed, seeing odd things in rooms, then those one scenes with the Indian chick laughing then being scared. Very random.

What Indian chick? I guess that episode was a little weird, everyone seeing their worst fear.

I still think the Doctor's room contained a paradox machine (the sound of drums)

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Jan 13, '13 at 5:10pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,687 posts

Knight

Rita. It seemed like the Doctor was gonna make her his new companion. Says her parents are from Sri Lanka, made a mistake.

Posted Jan 13, '13 at 9:37pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,154 posts

Rita being very scared, if I remember she was the one who went down brave, which allowed the Doctor to realize the minotaur fed on faith.

And for DW episodes, I use the Tardis Data Core (Formerly Tardis Index File)

www.tardis.wikia.com

~~~Darth Caedus

Reply to Doctor Who...

You must be logged in to post a reply!