ForumsPopular MediaDoctor Who...

197 100998
JuicyFruits
JuicyFruits
171 posts
Nomad

Yup Doctor Who!Ever heard of it?Seen it?Well if you haven't it's this pretty awesome show on BBC America.If you have seen it tell me your thoughts about it.

• 197 Replies
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I have heard good things about it from my friends. But living in America i'm not into it. Never seen it before lol ^^

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Doctor Who is one of my favorite sci-fis out there.

BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

Ah, it's great to see that not all Americans think British TV is terrible

JuicyFruits
JuicyFruits
171 posts
Nomad

Ah, it's great to see that not all Americans think British TV is terrible
Are you British?And yes it isn't terrible.Another good one is TopGun.
Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

I loved it in 2005 when Christopher Eccleston was The Doctor but after that the episodes just got weird and the new actors weren't nearly as good. Every now and then there's some really great episodes like the city of weeping angels but I'm not nearly as interested in it as I used to be.

JuicyFruits
JuicyFruits
171 posts
Nomad

Every now and then there's some really great episodes like the city of weeping angels
I love that episode.I really like the ones with Matt Smith too.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I loved it in 2005 when Christopher Eccleston was The Doctor but after that the episodes just got weird and the new actors weren't nearly as good. Every now and then there's some really great episodes like the city of weeping angels but I'm not nearly as interested in it as I used to be.
I didn't like how depressed Eccleston always was, Tennant is pretty good, and Smith had a lot of episodes with really creepy aliens (example: Night Terrors with those dolls)

source: seen series 1, 5, 6 and halfway through 2.

~~~Darth Caedus
Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

I didn't like how depressed Eccleston always was,

Actually that's a big part of why I loved Eccleston as The Doctor. When you look at his background, The Doctor as a character is a former soldier mourning the loss of his entire species as well as the atrocities he was responsible for during the war. To cope he tries to use humor and exciting situations to distract him but when the time comes he can immediately switch back to the serious super soldier that he had to be in order to survive the time war. Quite frankly I don't know of anyone better suited to play that role.

Tennant is pretty good, and Smith had a lot of episodes with really creepy aliens (example: Night Terrors with those dolls)

I don't know, a disembodied voice crying out "are you my mummy" still rings in the night if you're listening because that episode was awesome and frightening. Personally I consider that episode way creepier than anything involving the weeping angels.
wishfulpoison77
wishfulpoison77
124 posts
Nomad

Doctor Who is epic!

JuicyFruits
JuicyFruits
171 posts
Nomad

Tennant is pretty good, and Smith had a lot of episodes with really creepy aliens (example: Night Terrors with those dolls)
I agree. Smith did have a lot of episodes with weird aliens. Tennant was awesome, but Smith is still my favorite
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I don't know, a disembodied voice crying out "are you my mummy" still rings in the night if you're listening because that episode was awesome and frightening. Personally I consider that episode way creepier than anything involving the weeping angels.
I have heard that when later presented with a mask, the Doctor repeats that phrase, can't wait to see that episode.

I have one question, how does Rose not realize that Mickey's Auton duplicate is plastic?

btw, ALLONS-Y

~~~Darth Caedus
EtTuLadyBlue
EtTuLadyBlue
1 posts
Shepherd

I'm personally in love with Tennant as the doctor. He just has this manic energy, but more restraint than Smith. Smith also has this self loathing/sociopathic tendency which can make his character oddly unappealing. Also don't care much for him and River Song. (Although I adored Amy and Rory).

Eccleston is horribly underlooked in my opinion, because the writing of his season had a lot of rocky points. But what he brought to the role was fantastic.

I have lots of Doctor Who feelings, and everyone should take a watch.

ptcdcs
ptcdcs
14 posts
Nomad

David Tennant was the best. But Matt Smith has grown on me. And Amy and Rory have been the best companions. Can't wait for the X-Mas Episode.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Eccleston is horribly underlooked in my opinion, because the writing of his season had a lot of rocky points. But what he brought to the role was fantastic.

It might have something to do with the general "Doctor-rule", which simply states that the first doctor you get to know, will be your favourite one. It is of course not universally true, but many did get into Doctor Who around Tennant's time, and will think he is the better of them all.
I, for one, liked Eccleston better, while my siblings enjoy Smith more, as he was their first.

Anyway, a wonderful and rather special series. It has some interesting themes and all things considered, it has aged well during the past 49 years. Especially with the new series, which has attracted a lot of new fans.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Even though Smith was my first, I think I like Tennant better.

~~~Darth Caedus

Showing 1-15 of 197