ForumsPopular MediaDoctor Who...

197 100999
JuicyFruits
JuicyFruits
171 posts
Nomad

Yup Doctor Who!Ever heard of it?Seen it?Well if you haven't it's this pretty awesome show on BBC America.If you have seen it tell me your thoughts about it.

• 197 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

i live in germany, could someone please post a link so i can begin with the first episode with the first doctor?

Here. When you click on an episode, look for gorillavid, sockshare, and putlocker links. Those have the best quality.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

Here. When you click on an episode, look for gorillavid, sockshare, and putlocker links. Those have the best quality.

thanks, but what have i to do to watch the episode?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Go to an episode, scroll down and click one of the mentioned links, click continue as free user.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Visual aid in order:

http://i.imgur.com/Vd95X.png

http://i.imgur.com/gELVM.png

http://i.imgur.com/FsjtM.png

http://i.imgur.com/tEYcW.png

SonOfVader
SonOfVader
110 posts
Blacksmith

You guys ARE aware that Doctor Who has existed since long before 2005, right?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Yeah, but I'd rather not watch nearly 30 years of a show. Perhaps one day I'll start it, but I don't see that happening for a long while. The 2005 version seems like a good start for newbies to Doctor Who.
SonOfVader
SonOfVader
110 posts
Blacksmith

Yeah, but I'd rather not watch nearly 30 years of a show. Perhaps one day I'll start it, but I don't see that happening for a long while. The 2005 version seems like a good start for newbies to Doctor Who.

Fair enough. I just didn't want to leave this thread without any UK based input
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

You are aware that there is over 20 seasons of ~8 episodes each, right?

@GOM, do they have the second special (the one that came between The Next Doctor and The Waters of Mars)? its name is Planet of the Dead.

~~~Darth Caedus
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I found it, but I am going to watch the other two on netflix, I like the quality better (netflix doesn't have planet of the dead)

~~~Darth Caedus

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

You are aware that there is over 20 seasons of ~8 episodes each, right?

More like 25-40 episodes each season... That's ridiculous, must've been a great show to have lasted that long.

But I am near the end of season 6 on the 2005 version. How they explained how the doctor survived and the question was clever. Both were kinda obvious, but I didn't understand it until they explained.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Do they have Torchwood?

~~~Darth Caedus

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

Do they have Torchwood?

Netflix has it but the movie is DVD only.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Do they have Torchwood?

Yes. If you want to search things, just click the appropriate link at the top then type in what you want in the bar. They have tons of stuff there, even recently released movies.

So I watched all Doctor Who episodes (2005 version). I'm not sure about Matt Smith as the Doctor. It just doesn't feel right, it seems like the Doctor should be older, and I can't connect to this Doctor. There's too much quirkiness. The 10th Doctor had some too, but he seemed more human, so I think that was a perfect mix.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

That was the whole point with the 10th Doctor though, he reached a point where he shed his humanity, he considered him self to be above mankind and thereby tried to change their history, when time itself wouldn't allow it.

As for the quirkiness, he's The Doctor, you're not going to get around it. Fish-sticks and custard indeed.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

As for the quirkiness, he's The Doctor, you're not going to get around it. Fish-sticks and custard indeed.
Fish fingers and Custard.

@GOM, what, in your opinion, was the weirdest episode? (I vote Night Terrors)

~~~Darth Caedus
Showing 31-45 of 197