ForumsPopular MediaDoctor Who...

197 101003
JuicyFruits
JuicyFruits
171 posts
Nomad

Yup Doctor Who!Ever heard of it?Seen it?Well if you haven't it's this pretty awesome show on BBC America.If you have seen it tell me your thoughts about it.

• 197 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I like Matt Smith as the Doctor but I do not like the writing. It is not good. Moffat is making the show darker than I believe it should be and he gets to wrapped up in his complicated plots. He seems to focus more on the hardcore fans and not people trying to get into the show.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

2) They often use &quoterception filters" as the excuse for why people do not notice things.
Tennant used perception filters too, and its not like they're used everyday.

~~~Darth Caedus
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

1) Would someone please explain how the doctor returns at the end of season 5? Personally I hated that season finale it was utterly anticlimactic.
Because Amy remembered her raggedy man.

And what was so anti-climatic about it?

~~~Darth Caedus
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Tennant used perception filters too, and its not like they're used everyday.

True, but not nearly as often. And it just feels irritating when it's brought up either multiple epissodes in a row, or having them pop up close together.

So, you knew exactly what was going to happen in the end, just by watching the first episode of the season, eh?

Pretty much. Not the how, but I knew that the Doctor wouldn't be killed. Can you honestly tell me that the first epissode setting up the season finale didn't take some of the fun out of watching it?

Because Amy remembered her raggedy man.

Yes, I know, but how does that bring him back? That makes no sense whatsoever. Yes, okay, it's Doctor Who, sense isn't always a priority, but at least they made an effort, before Matt Smith, to explain the why/how of things that occured. Simply "she remembered him" is lazy writing.

And what was so anti-climatic about it?

There didn't seem to be a legitimate threat. Okay the Doctor gets locked up, great, interesting. Why does that affect the entire universe? Because of the cracks in time and space? Or because it's the Doctor and why the hell not?

See, threatening the Docotor, as seems to be the trend with Moffat and his team, doesn't get me invested because, as I said, I find Matt Smith boring to watch. Threatening Rory or Amy, that got me invested. "A Good Man Goes to War" was a fantastic epissode, that had something at stake. Hell the season opener of season 7 was fantastic! That's what I like in the finale's, a sense of everything going to hell in a handbasket. The season finales, at least in my opinion, were some of the weakest epissodes in both seasons 5 and 6, and that should never be the case.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

There didn't seem to be a legitimate threat. Okay the Doctor gets locked up, great, interesting. Why does that affect the entire universe? Because of the cracks in time and space? Or because it's the Doctor and why the hell not?
Because the Doctor was the only one who could stop the explosion.

Yes, I know, but how does that bring him back? That makes no sense whatsoever. Yes, okay, it's Doctor Who, sense isn't always a priority, but at least they made an effort, before Matt Smith, to explain the why/how of things that occured. Simply "she remembered him" is lazy writing.
Its goes back to cold blood, remember how The Doctor was trying to get Amy to remember Rory, that was the only thing keeping him from being erased from time, so no one remembered him.

With the Doctor, he had been erased, so Amy would have never met him, so she wouldn't have a raggedy man, so by remembering, she brought it crashing down and merged the old timeline with the new.

~~~Darth Caedus
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

With the Doctor, he had been erased, so Amy would have never met him, so she wouldn't have a raggedy man, so by remembering, she brought it crashing down and merged the old timeline with the new.

I'm still going to chalk up that explanation to lazy writing. :\\ Because basically it's what I said, "she remembered him".
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

And like usual people skip over my comment. Probably because it is so awesome you have nothing to say to it.

On the topic of the Doctor dying, yes, we all knew that he would come back somehow. Without him there would not be a show. However, the fun is in the shock of watching him die, you cannot honestly say you saw that coming, and trying to figure out how they will get him back.

On the topic of Pandora's Box. Wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff. But what Darth said was correct.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

*Cough* David Tennant being revived by Tea *Cough*
*cough* it was the tea vapors that healed his synapses *cough*

~~~Darth Caedus
wishfulpoison77
wishfulpoison77
124 posts
Nomad

My friend Sophie is obsessed with David Tennant! (And therefore loves Doctor Who.)

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

One more day!

28 posts
Peasant

I love that show! I have a sonic screwdriver at my house from the 11th doctor at my house!

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

1channel? Usually the day its released, or a day or two after.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

http://www.phoebenorth.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/River-SPOILERS.gif

Just watched the newest episode on 1channel, it was quite interesting.

The beginning screen with all the people in the television screens reminded me of the episode with The Wire, and the companion getting absorbed also reminded me of this.

Then we find out that this was also part of the Great Intelligence's handiwork, this sounds like a story arc for the rest of the season.

But the final scene where everyone was reverted back to factory settings and the boss turned out to be a little girl was funny.

~~~Darth Caedus

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Real men watched it on BBC America.

*SPOILERS*
I liked it. It did remind me of the Wire a bit. I wonder if the Great Intelligence is the Master.

@Jacen
She was not a little girl, just controlled for so long that when he let her go that was her mental state.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

When I said she was not a little girl I meant her body, not her mind. Her mind is of a little girl and her body is of an older women. The way Jacen said it made it sound like both her body and mind reverted.

Also, you cheater. Looking of the wiki. I just thought it would be cool if it was the Master. I think k he will come back, probably for the 50th.

Showing 76-90 of 197