ForumsGamesPlaying as a girl.

69 16169
Prizrak232
Prizrak232
1 posts
Nomad

Alright I'm a close to normal guy, but I've put almost 21,000 hours into the Fallout series and I would say about 3/4 of those 21,000 hours I played as a female, and now I find myself playing as a female in almost any game you can. My friends think I'm weird or quote "gay" for doing so. So I guess what am asking is what do you guys and gals think of it?

• 69 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

My friends think I'm weird or quote "gay" for doing so.

what? you rather look at a girly figer then an buff dude.
i would think that watching buff dude all the time is more gay.

i like to watch girls. i do that all the time.
why would i want to watch a dude when i play a game?
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Well in some games I do pick the other gender if it is useful. Like for this one game they can shoot you in genitals for a man which would be considered a Nutshot, but being a girl....
Yeah, for the same game, I also picked a girl because they have slimmer body figure meaning, it is less of a body mass to be shot upon. And I think they are faster. (That's a myth though).

I only pick it when it has benefits, but if you can't switch genders I would get a guy.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

I also picked a girl because they have slimmer body figure meaning, it is less of a body mass to be shot upon.

the hit box could be the same size tho.
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

the hit box could be the same size tho.

In Halo games, the hitboxes are the some for both genders.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

In Halo games, the hitboxes are the some for both genders.

so are they in every game i can recall.

only exception on ut2k4 where they had 8 different hit boxes for over 40 chars.
but there it wasn't about gender but about your movement style.

movement style? yes in older shooters you needed to move and dodge. (boring shooters of the last 8 year. =( spoiling the newer generation)
PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

If you are worried about it, don't be.
Everyone plays as a different gender to just play different. Sometimes the gender role has different mechanics than its counter part. And sometimes, more often than not, it doesn't matter at all which gender is selected.

Grael6774
Grael6774
139 posts
Nomad

I think it's a bit of a cheat since male players would be VERY willing to help a female character. It's just my observation though.. and hypothesis.. hehe

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

I think it's a bit of a cheat since male players would be VERY willing to help a female character. It's just my observation though.. and hypothesis.. hehe

arn't video games great?

i dont have that "cheat" in real life. so i'm happy that i have it online. it makes life so much more easy. =D
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Playing as a girl because you want to look at a female is pretty objectifying. People calling you gay because you play a female character is just stupid and homophobic. Playing a female character expressly to "do lesbian stuff" is also objectifying and homophobic. The worst part of it all, though, is that I see a lot of guys who feel like they need to justify the desire to play a female with one of those bad reasons. "No guys, I'm not gay! I'm just as degrading and offensive when I play a female character!"

I don't mean to accuse anyone here of anything. Just sharing some of my thoughts. Maybe I'll drop and essay on the subject on this thread if I find the time.

Now, I play a female in basically every game I get a choice. Sometimes I refuse to play a game because I'm forced to be a male (Fable). If I'm given a choice, I always select the lesbian romance option. If I only have heterosexual romance options, I will often forgo the romance subplot entirely. Like in Harvest Moon, even. I even skipped the romance in Mass Effect on the grounds that it was not lesbian enough. I also skipped it in Dragon Age, but that's because the "lesbian" romance was more a "I totally like girls, but only to amuse men, and I can be cured of the gay as long as a big strong man shows me my place" kind of thing than a lesbian romance. I hate BioWare, by the way.

arfmaster
arfmaster
138 posts
Nomad

I usually choose a girl character but i don't pretend to be. It's just how I want to play the game especially from the start where you can customize the character looks. I want to create the perfect looking girl in every game, that could be the reason for me.

destroyer006
destroyer006
84 posts
Nomad

If you really wanna know go on to any MMO and you'll see that more than 3/4 of girl character's are guys so maybe ask them? :P

Wulfehz1234
Wulfehz1234
17 posts
Shepherd

21,000 divided by 24 is 875...
You've spent 875 FULL DAYS playing one game??
Sorry to say this, but I think you might have a problem.

shidazenmai
shidazenmai
5 posts
Nomad

It is much easier to ask players for help or sympathy if your character and character name is for a girl ^_^

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Now, I play a female in basically every game I get a choice. Sometimes I refuse to play a game because I'm forced to be a male (Fable). If I'm given a choice, I always select the lesbian romance option.

I imagine that you will probably find this a silly question..but my curiosity is peaked...why do you play as a woman and always choose the lesbian romance option?

Playing a female character expressly to "do lesbian stuff" is also objectifying and homophobic.

Whoap..this one is at me. Or maybe not. I'll address it anyways.
I was like 11 when I did that..I was new to the whole "Hormones" thing. I had no full concept on objectification of women. In fact, it wasn't even the women performing the act that intrigued me..but the idea of the act itself.

The comment itself was merely a joke. I really only did it a couple of times..but know that the action is somewhat of a common thing among some.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

I imagine that you will probably find this a silly question
It's actually a pretty good one. It's a long story. It's complicated. I don't have a nice answer really. If you really care, you should swing by CT sometime.
Showing 16-30 of 69