zonic98

zonic98

558 posts

I do that in Saints Row...everyone knows why.:D

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 7:26am

xNightwish

xNightwish

1,654 posts

Most of the times I choose a male for the first time and if I do a second playtrough I do everything the opposite as my 1st playtrough so I pick a girl to who ends up being evil. So I have no problem with it.

Btw I are you sure you played it 21000 hour. Because the game was released in 2010. That means if it was released on 1 jan 2010 and we say the date today is 31 dec 2012 the game was released 1094 days ago. That would mean you have played the for 19 hours a day. So I hope it is a fault and you meant to say 2100 hours.

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 9:19am

d_dude

d_dude

3,584 posts

Btw I are you sure you played it 21000 hour. Because the game was released in 2010.

Fallout New Vegas was released in 2010. He said the Fallout series, as in including the first games in the series. Although I really doubt he has put over 2 years of playtime into the Fallout series.

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 10:06am

zonic98

zonic98

558 posts

Some guys have 40k hours in WOW. So don't think that 21k is impossible...

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 1:03pm

vinster132

vinster132

6,091 posts

I think you misconstrued the question, I do think that Prizrak was asking "what do you the AG gamers think of a guy in real life playing as a female character in a video game?"

Yep I did now that I've reread it with a fresh mind.

I use a few female characters in Brawl, and in more in Tales of Symphonia and Vesperia.

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 8:49pm

erthkwake

erthkwake

37 posts

Well it is an RPG: Role Playing Game.
You take a role of someone other than yourself. This character doesn't have to resemble you in any way. I don't think this is weird.
I've known many guys who picked the girl in Pokemon Gen 3 because her waistbag looked "cooler" than the backpack.

Posted Dec 2, '12 at 1:06am

Vagueshade

Vagueshade

84 posts

I think it's understandable, in my opinion.

In every game I play where there's some type of character creation or customization, I create my "Ideal" Character.

Your ideal character just happens to be female, sometimes :/

Posted Dec 2, '12 at 2:05pm

Blaster901

Blaster901

36 posts

I see nothing wrong with playing as female characters.

Sometimes, male and female characters have different stats and whatnot.

In FE8 (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones), for example, males have a higher strength cap than females if they are units that use swords, lances, etc.

On the other hand, female magic users have a higher magic cap than male magic users.

So yeah, it goes to preference and stuff.
If you want to play as a female character, go ahead.

Posted Dec 2, '12 at 3:11pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,119 posts

My friends think I'm weird or quote "gay" for doing so.

what? you rather look at a girly figer then an buff dude.
i would think that watching buff dude all the time is more gay.

i like to watch girls. i do that all the time.
why would i want to watch a dude when i play a game?

Posted Dec 2, '12 at 9:43pm

AceofSky

AceofSky

782 posts

Well in some games I do pick the other gender if it is useful. Like for this one game they can shoot you in genitals for a man which would be considered a Nutshot, but being a girl....
Yeah, for the same game, I also picked a girl because they have slimmer body figure meaning, it is less of a body mass to be shot upon. And I think they are faster. (That's a myth though).

I only pick it when it has benefits, but if you can't switch genders I would get a guy.

Reply to Playing as a girl.

You must be logged in to post a reply!