ForumsGamesPlaying as a girl.

69 16197
Prizrak232
Prizrak232
1 posts
Nomad

Alright I'm a close to normal guy, but I've put almost 21,000 hours into the Fallout series and I would say about 3/4 of those 21,000 hours I played as a female, and now I find myself playing as a female in almost any game you can. My friends think I'm weird or quote "gay" for doing so. So I guess what am asking is what do you guys and gals think of it?

• 69 Replies
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Hecks yeah, argonian males for the win.

Wow. You're the only person I have met that likes to play as an argonian as well. Most friends don't like argonians because the nords are racist against them (hint: that's what I like about them).

Skeerim

Skeerim.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I don't think it matters what character you pick. There can be certain advantages to picking a female character over a male one. It doesn't really matter, and it certainly doesn't make you less of a man.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Wow. You're the only person I have met that likes to play as an argonian as well. Most friends don't like argonians because the nords are racist against them (hint: that's what I like about them).

But they're all lizardy. Surely people can't argue that reptilians aren't all sorts of awesome regardless of how ingame peeps treat them. o:

Although the chest bumps on the females make me weirdly uncomfortable.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

But they're all lizardy. Surely people can't argue that reptilians aren't all sorts of awesome regardless of how ingame peeps treat them. o:

I forgot to say that I also like their voice the best. Not only that of the dragonborn but also the NPCs. The argonian NPC's voices are the best.

Although the chest bumps on the females make me weirdly uncomfortable.

I know O.o the argonians being reptilians and all.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Argonians were great in Oblivion but in Skyrim they seem uglier than they were.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

I disagree. Argonians aren't supposed to be, uh, pretty. I think it fits them to be very different from most of the other races.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Argonians were great in Oblivion but in Skyrim they seem uglier than they were.
Aesthetics obviously vary from person to person, but I've got to disagree with you on this. o.o They have much more harmonic facial compositions in Skyrim.

Another plus is that they don't fall nearly as close to the uncanny valley as the human characters. This is totally an attempt to get back on topic here - if I can play as something that has a non-human face, I usually will. (Then comes the gender selection...)
Showing 61-67 of 69