ForumsGamesAG overrated...?

52 5698
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Is AG overrated? What makes it better then other sites? What makes it worse? Some people say this is the best site ever. Are they right? Killersup thought that it was overrated as the "best site ever."

• 52 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Well, it has better games.

Most of the games here can be found on those sites, and many more.
And a better community.

How?
Quality over Quantity.

You can have both.
Kongregate's community sucks. Same with Newgrounds.

Why?
And how they treat their games? "Do this. Do that. Get 50 points."

That's just extra, you don't have to do it. AG plans on implementing the same stuff as well, so...
If you don't have alot of points, people will think you're a noob.

I haven't witnessed this and I browse there nearly every day, but people do that here too.
JuiceyBox
JuiceyBox
129 posts
Peasant

Most of the games here can be found on those sites, and many more.

Oops. Sorry. Well, they host better games.

How?

People in Kongregate and Newgrounds are perverted, disrespectful, mean and jsut flat-out rude. If you go to any part of the site, there's likely a 50-50 chance you'll see a mean noob.

You can have both.

Yes, but quality is much better. And that's what Armor Games has.

Why?

Answered.

That's just extra, you don't have to do it. AG plans on implementing the same stuff as well, so...

It is? Well, that's sad. I really hate it when you have to play a game to be more known in a community.

I haven't witnessed this and I browse there nearly every day, but people do that here too.

Check Kongregate.

Besides, there, if you're wrong, they do their best to kick you out. I remember a guy, "GameBuilder15" said, "there is no term called, 'Combat Rifle'" He was right. But since there was a gun in a game called a, "Combat Rifle", the fans of that game blew him up. Not literally, though lol.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Well, they host better games.

Kong has over 60k games, AG has below 3k. If you go on Kong and look for highest rated games, you'll find well over 3k with good ratings. I'd rather have a lot of variety and quality, instead of how AG adds two-three games every week/few weeks.
People in Kongregate and Newgrounds are perverted, disrespectful, mean and jsut flat-out rude. If you go to any part of the site, there's likely a 50-50 chance you'll see a mean noob.

I don't frequent NG, but I do browse Kong often. What you described is for the most part in the off-topic subforum. Otherwise it's a good community. You'll find disrespectful, mean, and rude people on AG as well, it's not perfect.
I really hate it when you have to play a game to be more known in a community.

That's not how it works, on Kong or AG. To be known in their communities you have to be active and do things that will make you known.
Check Kongregate.

I do often, I don't see it in the sections I frequently browse.
Besides, there, if you're wrong, they do their best to kick you out.

This is done here as well. If you post something the majority of users don't agree with, they'll pound their beliefs into your head until you leave or agree with them.
JuiceyBox
JuiceyBox
129 posts
Peasant

Kong has over 60k games, AG has below 3k. If you go on Kong and look for highest rated games, you'll find well over 3k with good ratings. I'd rather have a lot of variety and quality, instead of how AG adds two-three games every week/few weeks.

Really? Well, I never notice them. Odd.

I don't frequent NG, but I do browse Kong often. What you described is for the most part in the off-topic subforum. Otherwise it's a good community. You'll find disrespectful, mean, and rude people on AG as well, it's not perfect.

I have never found a single disrespectful person in AG. Yet? But in Kong--especially Newgrounds--I have.

That's not how it works, on Kong or AG. To be known in their communities you have to be active and do things that will make you known.

Or you could complete the objectives required by a game in Kongregate and be known. You could also keep commenting on and favoriting random games to get higher points in AG.

This is done here as well. If you post something the majority of users don't agree with, they'll pound their beliefs into your head until you leave or agree with them.

I have only seen this once in AG. It happens in pretty much every Forum, but I rarely see it here.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I have never found a single disrespectful person in AG. Yet? But in Kong--especially Newgrounds--I have.
You never met 314d1, although he got banned. (although he was quite rude, he was great at driving home points)

If you frequent the WEPR I am sure it won't take long for you to find some disrespect.

~~~Darth Caedus
Ancuta
Ancuta
146 posts
Bard

NewGrounds: More games, movies, audio, art, etc. When compared to those gaming sites, AG has nothing special to offer.

In a "saturated market" you need to differentiate from your competitors. AG is differentiating by keeping their website simple
But you also need to be innovative to keep up the competition, and hopefully we can hope for a chat system etc. when AG3 is released

weeeeeeeeeeeeee
JuiceyBox
JuiceyBox
129 posts
Peasant

You never met 314d1, although he got banned. (although he was quite rude, he was great at driving home points)

If you frequent the WEPR I am sure it won't take long for you to find some disrespect.

It's just I've been to tons of Forums and Blogs. It's amazing how AG looks to be the kindest.

Sky9 - Strike Force Heroes Series, Raze Series.
Stickpage - A ton of Stick games.
Echoes (shut down) - Echoes series.
Flonga (shut down) - Sponsor like Armor Games.
Ironhide Games - Kingdom Rush.

A ton of others that I forgot about lol.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

I have never found a single disrespectful person in AG.

You haven't been here long enough.The mods are quick to try and stop any excessive disrespectful behavioral. There used to be a guy here named Mr.waffles. He was a racist, who bluntly insulted everyone and everything in his way.
JuiceyBox
JuiceyBox
129 posts
Peasant

You haven't been here long enough.The mods are quick to try and stop any excessive disrespectful behavioral. There used to be a guy here named Mr.waffles. He was a racist, who bluntly insulted everyone and everything in his way.

My answer is the same as my answer in my above post.

AG just doesn't seem to be as bad as said forums.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

This thread is about comparing AG to the community's opinion, not to other sites, so I will give both an observed rating (what the community appears to think) and a subjective rating (what I think) of several key categories as follows:

Games:

Quality vs. Quantity:

Observed slider: 80% Quality, 20% Quantity
My slider: 70% Quality, 30% Quantity

Notification: This slider will be used to weight the ratings for Quality and Quantity in this category.

Quality:

Observed Rating: 9/10 (weighted: 7.2/8)
My Rating: 8/10 (weighted: 5.6/7)

Quantity:

Observed Rating: 5/10 (weighted: 1/2)
My Rating: 7/10 (weighted: 2.1/3)

Navigation:

Observed Rating: 6/10
My Rating: 5/10

Reliability:

Observed Rating: 4/10
My Rating: 7/10

Scorecard:

Observed Rating: 18.2/30
My Rating: 19.7/30

Result: Games are not overrated and may be underrated.

Profiles:

Appearance:

Observed Rating: 6/10
My Rating: 7/10

Navigation:

Observed Rating: 7/10
My Rating: 6/10

Commenting Quality:

Observed Rating: 5/10

Scorecard:

Observed Rating: 18/30
My Rating: 19/30

Result: Profiles are not overrated.

Forums:

Activity:

Observed Rating: 3/10
My Rating: 3/10

Quality:

Observed Rating: 7/10
My Rating: 8/10

Navigation:

Observed Rating: 8/10

Scorecard:

Observed Rating: 18/30
My Rating: 17/30

Result: Forums may be overrated.

Conclusion: AG is not overrated, but see the notification below.

Notification: My opinion is biased since I lack experience in the relevant competition. Also, all opinions will have some type of bias, so my conclusion should not be considered final. Then again, due to the fact that unbiased opinions are impossible, no conclusion is final, making the discussion indefinite. Even if this thread is locked, the issue will eventually be brought up again.

Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

The Overall quality of the games I'l put o here would be an 8 and this site socializes more than other sites I've noticed I think the site is decent but not overated as i really don't overated ratings on this site

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Stickpage - A ton of Stick games.
They have a forum, and what about the fights and humor (except for "The Pool&quot

@Patrick, pray tell, how did you gather that information?

~~~Darth Caedus
horrifichazza2000
horrifichazza2000
4 posts
Nomad

Who isn't or is to say this is a overated site just think about it everything is an opinion what if one day we found out the mathematics system is wrong technically it is already because it is one persons opinion. This is the smae as everything else in the world. So what is the best site inthe world my opinion...

Armor Games

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

@Patrick, pray tell, how did you gather that information?

Are you talking about the Observed Ratings? If so, these are my guesses of what the community thinks based on observations.
Lifemaster
Lifemaster
186 posts
Shepherd

Subject is null because players are all biased here. You can't successfully determine the worth of a website by using a forum within that website...obviously if people are using the forum on said website, they are more inclined to like the website than not to, as logically, if they didn't like it they would use another website/forum.

/endrant

Showing 16-30 of 52