ForumsGamesAG overrated...?

52 5697
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Is AG overrated? What makes it better then other sites? What makes it worse? Some people say this is the best site ever. Are they right? Killersup thought that it was overrated as the "best site ever."

• 52 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Looking at the forums, they have one forum for walkthroughs, flash, and video games. And then they have individual forums for 50 different games. Looks like that section needs cleanup.

Basically my only complaint about their forum. Too **** long, but when you have a lot of popular games with a lot of users that want to talk about them, a single flash gaming section isn't enough.

However to make it neater, they should make a flash gaming section, then inside it shows subforums for all those games. Hope that makes sense.
Both my above points were that they were confusing.

Don't see how it was confusing. You get an achievement for completing the task(s), then a badge to show it. I don't know how to word it, it sounded better in my head, redundant when written. Oh well.
A good game takes two-three years to develop, or even longer. A website is much the same way, especially for a smaller team.

All I'm asking for is for them to talk about it. "Hey, we're working on this and that and here's what we're making it out to be". Not a hard thing to do. No, instead we get "something is coming soon". Build up anticipation for something and have users guess what it is, then it turns out to be something completely irrelevant.

Well, there's this:
http://i.imgur.com/7SFdn.png

I'm not sure what they mean by "recommendations", but if the big something is achievements and/or groups, why the hell not talk about it? It seems like they're following CoD's footsteps here. Release it, it turns out to have a lot of bugs, fix in several weeks/months/never. Bad policy.

Instead, they should talk about it/explain details, receive user feedback, release a beta of it, then fix everything before making it a full feature. I've never been on another site that does what AG does, it just doesn't make sense to me.

The hype is what makes it overrated. It's not worth it when that's all we get from them.
That was after hiring two new employees dedicated to back-end development (AG2), and they fixed those problems in less than a week of settling in, as far as I'm aware.

Which makes you wonder how competent their workers were before them and why it took so long to hire more programmers.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

The only thing AG is best at is the forum section. Kong's is really sloppy and annoying

And our community seems to be better..they spam like crazy over there...from the newbies to the "veterans"

Looking at the forums, they have one forum for walkthroughs, flash, and video games. And then they have individual forums for 50 different games. Looks like that section needs cleanup.

And they call our forums odd -_-â¢

Granted, but it's full of spam. :P

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDYNCzV8SWToXIICDesVs0g6ssiNi6NQN7d09_dh0RA8LYXRci
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I would say ArmrGames is "over-rated" but not in the OP's sense! Some of the games on here have ratings way too high for what they actually should be! Read Soltis' "How to Rate a Game Correctly" thread and taste the knowledge, you non-first-raters!

My puns just crack me up!

Aside from that, ArmorGames seems to be pretty much what people think of it to be in my opinion.

Showing 46-48 of 52