Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Purpose of life?

Posted Nov 30, '12 at 11:18am

Cranium80

Cranium80

460 posts

I'm not a Christian and I find that indubitably offensive that someone wants to dictate my life when I'm a believer in other religions.

why are you so offended by that?

Posted Nov 30, '12 at 11:25am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,853 posts

Knight

why are you so offended by that?

I don't like people telling me what to believe.

Posted Nov 30, '12 at 5:22pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,951 posts

Knight

the purpose of life is answerable!

Booooring.

There's no ultimate purpose to life, luckily, since that means we can decide ourselves what we want to dedicate our life (and only ours) to.

Posted Nov 30, '12 at 5:49pm

Jumpper

Jumpper

153 posts

I'm not a Christian and I find that indubitably offensive that someone wants to dictate my life when I'm a believer in other religions

Are you talking to me?

look man I'm not telling you what to believe. I was just stating my opinion and what I know to be true. You (like I stated before) can choose what you want.

Posted Nov 30, '12 at 6:48pm

yourawesomeness

yourawesomeness

100 posts

i believe there r 2 points in life
-to enjoy life
-to make the world a better place for those that will follow you

Posted Nov 30, '12 at 7:09pm

bigjacob

bigjacob

456 posts

Well, first off life is the game you only get to play once and you don't know the rules... But otherwise, the purpose is to enjoy it to the fullest. We only get a short time here.

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 5:51pm

Jumpper

Jumpper

153 posts

Well, first off life is the game you only get to play once and you don't know the rules... But otherwise, the purpose is to enjoy it to the fullest. We only get a short time here.

I totally agree with you.

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 6:18pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,951 posts

Knight

For all those who say "enjoy life".. do you mean like simply being content, or more like actual hedonism?

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 8:33pm

spikeabc

spikeabc

1,004 posts

the purpose of life is to live it to the full extent, then pass it down to the next generation. without life, there would be nothing, and space itself would just be empty gasses mixing around and nothing would exist.

--spike machine's 300th post

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 8:49pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,971 posts

and nothing would exist.

Well, stuff would certainly exist without life. It's not like the planets would suddenly disappear, but I guess it's like an "If a tree falls in a forest" thing.

Reply to Purpose of life?

You must be logged in to post a reply!