Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

HecticScape

Posted Jan 19, '13 at 2:19pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,454 posts

I like that one Hec! I think you nailed the facial expression, couldn't do it much better. Right arm's foreshortening looks good and the hand looks good. I'm a little iffy on the left arm, the forearm seems a tad large, but not by much. And it looks like less attention was given to the rest of him, and I'll leave it at that.

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 5:54pm

Hectichermit

Hectichermit

1,517 posts

Knight

Well the concept is he is a half devil troll, trolls tend to have "gangly" arms least that was the description, was going for troll like body proportions, then ontop of that devil like anatomy, thought I did include certain aspects of a the DnD game, when I roll the ability scores I got a pretty high strength modifier so I bumped up the muscle mass on him. Trolls arms ten to nearly reach to the ground, still this was a first attempt at a full body, got to work on the wings and such.

I would like to make the character clad in heavy armor wielding a Rhoka which is sort of a serrated twin blade sword. even went as far as improving the natural attacks of trolls. They have this rend ability, basically tear apart a create with its claws, the game requires 2 normally but I found stuff to boost that single attack, basically he can rip apart fors with either his sword and his free hand, which is clawed.

Been finding DnD has stirring my imagination when it comes to character design. Though the games i am playing these characters in the other players think im a bit crazy with the whole multi racial aspects of a character, they all focus on combat abilities and use basic character information. I go out and find ways to make entire new races for a character just for the fun of saying, Elves, dwarves, and humans are boring to play...how about a gigantic humanoid with four arms and two heads :P all of the normal races tend to be on the small side and I want to play monsters, see that dragon over there? Wham smash it with a 200 lb hammer!

Posted Feb 26, '13 at 1:46am

Hectichermit

Hectichermit

1,517 posts

Knight

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2013/056/e/3/devil_frog_by_hectichermit-d5w9efo.png

so for killin sometime anyone got some suggetions I could make improvements
was thinking or prolly doing better inking over the rough line art of course, anything else to improve it?

Posted Feb 26, '13 at 1:57am

Reton8

Reton8

2,988 posts

Should his lip be light green all the way to the front of his face or is it shadow? So a minor color adjustment there if it's not supposed to be that way.

Like you said, go over the lines and maybe clean up a few? Idk.

It looks like you should do something with the shading and colour of the eyes to make them look more spherical and wet and so that they stand out a little bit more from the body.

The color on the back needs more contrast or something, I can't tell exactly, but something so it does not bleed into the background so much.

Okay, I said a lot, but it's very impressive as is and a really solid piece. Great work! I think the shadow is really cool and I really like the colour choice. Better than any drawing I could do lol. Also, don't forget to add your signature in the bottom right corner or something, unless you don't want to, it's not my choice lol.

Posted Feb 26, '13 at 2:17am

Hectichermit

Hectichermit

1,517 posts

Knight

yea his lip is mostly light green, he has spots of light green here and there

Lol well I just found a good ref of a frog and did some tweaks to the anatomy in my sketching and splattery colors/ blends

Posted Feb 28, '13 at 10:50pm

Hectichermit

Hectichermit

1,517 posts

Knight

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/059/d/e/ninja_slug_by_hectichermit-d5wk04a.png

seems thoads been on DA for two years O.o and I felt like doing a slug mutant thing, anywho going under his gallery, didn['t see and ninja slugs :P and that is is alias overthere.

Posted Feb 28, '13 at 10:52pm

thoadthetoad

thoadthetoad

5,809 posts

I really SHOULD draw a ninja slug, shouldn't I?

Posted Feb 28, '13 at 10:54pm

Hectichermit

Hectichermit

1,517 posts

Knight

Spittle of Doom !!!!, Dunno since strop retired his ninja to become a doctor you should fight him for the title of AG Ninja

Posted Mar 3, '13 at 9:33am

killersup10

killersup10

2,782 posts

I do take requests on drawing characters :P

Pickpocket is taking way to long, you mind giving it a try?

Posted Mar 3, '13 at 9:52pm

Hectichermit

Hectichermit

1,517 posts

Knight

Pickpocket is taking way to long, you mind giving it a try?

sure give me a description of what you want me to draw lol

Reply to HecticScape

You must be logged in to post a reply!