Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Mixtapes

Posted Nov 30, '12 at 12:01am

idigit

idigit

262 posts

So I have a problem/question, but after that, it can be turned into a general Thread about mix tapes(i.e. experiences with them, songs you have had on them, people you have given them to, etc.)

So i have a friend(girl to be more specific) And i want to give her a mix tape, but just cant find the right songs/meaningful theme to put to it. I...like this girl and she knows it, but she has a BF(which i respect. we are pretty close friends) so i need some suggestions on friendship songs with a SLIGHT touch of hinted romance to them. She has also gone through some depression lately and i wanted to put some happy/uplifting songs into it(i.e. Hey Jude(one of her favorite songs that she listens to when she is down) and songs by bands like fun, queen, and the beatles.) I know this is a very long list and i will gladly take any suggestions. please help.

P.S. i didnt know whether to put this in the Relationship thread or here, but because i want this to become a regular thread, i put this here.

So please help me or put your own questions or experiences with mix tapes here.

Thank You

Posted Nov 30, '12 at 12:07am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,618 posts

Knight

Eh....wait, why would you want a slight touch of romance in it? >

Posted Nov 30, '12 at 12:17am

idigit

idigit

262 posts

I thought i made it obvious...Because I like her...and she knows this...and we talk freely about it and its fine. So yeah. i want that touch

Posted Nov 30, '12 at 12:18am

idigit

idigit

262 posts

BUT SLIGHT!!

Sorry for the double post

Posted Nov 30, '12 at 12:20am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,618 posts

Knight

I know, but you also stated that you respected the fact she had a BF.

Posted Nov 30, '12 at 12:23am

idigit

idigit

262 posts

Right, but i also said the three of us are cool with the whole thing. We talk about it freely and its fine. We all respect each other. its a complicated friendship. So any suggestions? And if you still are confused, just forget the romance thing. Happy friendship songs.

Posted Nov 30, '12 at 4:46am

JoshTheBoss

JoshTheBoss

420 posts

Maybe express yourself by yourself. Write your own **** song if you have to! Either that, or don't waste your time. #hypocricy

Posted Nov 30, '12 at 6:12am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,618 posts

Knight

I can suggest a few I guess, but what genre would you prefer?

Posted Nov 30, '12 at 12:40pm

Ishtaron

Ishtaron

305 posts

Why are we not looking at the bigger issue here? He's making her a mix tape. Even if you're just using that as an expression and you're burning a CD it's still a little outdated. Make a pandora station based on Sam Cooke songs and share it with her, most of his songs are basically about how he'll never have the girl of his dreams but none of the music is sad so it'll fit just about all of your requirements. And it's free. Or you could do essentially the same thing with a Spotify playlist (it's a lot like an iTunes playlist) and it's still free.

Posted Nov 30, '12 at 7:07pm

idigit

idigit

262 posts

@nichodemus

Any genre

@ishtaron

I'll just use his songs. but thanks. good idea

Reply to Mixtapes

You must be logged in to post a reply!