Forums

ForumsPopular Media

The Hobbit

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 9:56pm

samiel

samiel

424 posts

I'm sorry but im just disapointed in this.I remember watching The Hobbit as a kid (yes there is an old one) and quite frankly i think its rediculas that they the remake off of a diffrent story.

Posted Dec 2, '12 at 1:07am

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

6,861 posts

I'll probably read the books and see the movie sometime in the near future. My dad is egging me to read it so... ;P

Posted Dec 2, '12 at 12:03pm

AceofSky

AceofSky

779 posts

The trailers have been out for a while especially the first one.
Trailer 1
Trailer 2
Site 1
Site 2
fficial&source=univ&tbm=nws&sa=X&ei=yYi7UN3AAYjW0gHzl4E4&ved=0CE8QqAI&biw=1920&bih=891">Site 3
Site 4
Site 5
Site 6
Site 7

And the best source of information I would say is to reincarnate Tolkien, or to read the book yourself. Whichever one is easier for you.

Posted Dec 2, '12 at 10:14pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,174 posts

One problem I do have with what they have done, is I will have to wait THREE WHOLE YEARS in order to see the entire movie, then wait even longer for the extended collectors editions to be released like they did with the first 3 movies.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Dec 3, '12 at 4:12pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,289 posts

I will have to wait THREE WHOLE YEARS in order to see the entire movie,

it's a prequel not a trilogy

anyway. i got a bad feeling about the movie. and especially the dwarfs.
is it just me or are their costumes a 100% not life like.
they are not made the same way as the dwarf from LotR.
they look so bad that i think it will ruin the entire movie for me. or atleast the parts where they are on screen. and i heard they are going to be on the screen allot. =(

Posted Dec 3, '12 at 4:53pm

AJtheConquerer

AJtheConquerer

41 posts

@party devil, the LotR trilogy was placed at least 50 years after the hobbit, so you would expect some change in the dwarven fashion and look

Posted Dec 3, '12 at 5:17pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,289 posts

so you would expect some change in the dwarven fashion and look

thats not what i mean.

it looks horrible FAKE.

bad animated or bad costumes. and can't see the difference but what i c is that it looks like **** and fake
(not pointing at fashions. but pointing at skin structure, color and floppyness. and things like that. its just awfully done)

Posted Dec 4, '12 at 1:45am

PauseBreak

PauseBreak

319 posts

I for one, am extremely excited to spend the next three or four years watching and enjoying the Hobbit trilogy!

It was an absolute treat waiting and watching the LotR series (and even on a much lighter note; the Harry Potter series).
Having to watch is actually the best part! That's what Christmas and Birthdays are made of, impatiently waiting!

The fact that Peter Jackson and Crew decided to come back and make another trilogy, even after stating that they would never do it again, is absolutely amazing. The quality, the heart and soul, that the crew and actors put in pays off ten fold. The Hobbit will have no problem bringing in people to the theaters. I promise this movie will run for weeks well after a movie release is usually pulled to make way for another film.

I'm stoked. Totally stoked. I read the books years and years ago, and just about forget most of it. So when I see it in the theater it will almost seem like something new!

I'm not at all excited for the 3D, I wear glasses yes, but I was never a fan of 3D. Never. Typically it means that all thought was put into special effects and absolutely no contend. I know that The Hobbit is not like that, but regardless I will not be seeing it in 3D.

Post script; I spend an entire day watching featurettes and all types of behind the scenes footage. Cannot wait!

Posted Dec 4, '12 at 10:28pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,174 posts

What always puzzled me, is why did Gandalf pick a hobbit, a Baggins even (Baggins were calm and settled, although Bilbo did have some Took in him), so why did Gandalf pick Bilbo to be the party's burglar?

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Dec 5, '12 at 9:14am

partydevil

partydevil

5,289 posts

What always puzzled me, is why did Gandalf pick a hobbit, a Baggins even (Baggins were calm and settled, although Bilbo did have some Took in him), so why did Gandalf pick Bilbo to be the party's burglar?

if he went to destroy the ring by himself, it would make a very short and boring story.

Reply to The Hobbit

You must be logged in to post a reply!