Forums

ForumsPopular Media

The Hobbit

Posted Dec 23, '12 at 12:29am

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

4,748 posts

You really do need to read the book, hey did add lots of parts but it worked beautifully. I'm reading the book again since I've watched it and will be doing so again soon enough.

Posted Dec 27, '12 at 2:27am

Sabrith

Sabrith

10 posts

I must say, the first movie was great. I was a little suspicious when I heard they were dragging it out into three movies, like butter scraped over too much bread. Alas, it was more than what I could have hoped for, being in line with the book quite well so far.

Posted Dec 27, '12 at 2:32am

Sabrith

Sabrith

10 posts

I regret ever doubting it, I mean.

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 9:47am

spikeabc

spikeabc

1,696 posts

i think the hobbs will be a good movie.
(i know its out already)

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 9:54am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,298 posts

Knight

One thing I loved about it all is Thorin, and his marvelous acting. Byronic hero.
Radagast's scenes were also cutely comical and light hearted.

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 3:20pm

AvengedSevenfold11

AvengedSevenfold11

535 posts

Best film of 2012 for sure.

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 6:45pm

goumas13

goumas13

4,906 posts

Saw the Hobbit, it was good, but not perfect. The first hour especially has its issues, it was a bit slow and stretched out at times. Anyway, overall it is a well made and fun movie. Definitely looking forward to the sequels.

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 10:15pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,298 posts

Knight

Saw the Hobbit, it was good, but not perfect. The first hour especially has its issues, it was a bit slow and stretched out at times.

I think the second half made up for it quite well though.

Posted Dec 29, '12 at 12:29pm

jeol

jeol

3,987 posts

The first hour especially has its issues, it was a bit slow and stretched out at times.

Which parts?

I suppose scenes like the meal at Bilbo's was a little long, but it seemed to set the dwarves' character quite well, including the theme. I freaking love that theme. Ormigerr. One of my favorite soundtracks this year.
I must say, the first movie was great. I was a little suspicious when I heard they were dragging it out into three movies, like butter scraped over too much bread. Alas, it was more than what I could have hoped for, being in line with the book quite well so far.

I think they're pulling material from another book on Middle Earth (forget what it's called), which is where characters like the Necromancer and Rhadagast the Brown and such come from. At least, that's what my brother-in-law told me when we saw it - I haven't read the book in years.

Posted Dec 29, '12 at 3:36pm

idigit

idigit

261 posts

Did they add parts? I mean its a 300 page book dragged out into 3 two hour movies? come on. Seriously. Thats insane.

Reply to The Hobbit

You must be logged in to post a reply!