Nightfang21

Nightfang21

104 posts

english and spanish. it helps that im hispanic

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 2:58am

WorstSniper

WorstSniper

340 posts

I am fluent in English and currently learning Spanish in classes and Russian and German in my own time. I have also tried learning a little bit of Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, and Dutch but that didn't really work out. Recently I have started looking into Esperanto and Italian.

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 3:40am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,627 posts

What do you mean by how many do we know? Like fluently? Or basic understanding (being able to read it)?

English, of course
I can translate German fairly well..and know some random stuff (can count to 99..?)
I can count to about 99 in Japanese...? And say hello when on the phone (as well as a few words/phrases that mostly everyone knows)
I can translate Latin fairly well (and count to 99..)

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 3:40am

Balloon__Girl

Balloon__Girl

194 posts

Sadly, I only know English. I have really basic French, a tiny bit of Spanish and can kind of follow a Dutch conversation, although I can speak almost nothing of the language. I want to learn all 3 of those though!

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 3:45am

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

2,915 posts

i speak english, german and hebrew fluently.

i can read arabic and 2 japanese writing styles (but not understand what im reading)

i can read spanish and most european languages (but then again, who cant?)

i dont speak or read russian but since many people speak it around here i sometimes can understand it (same with spanish).

i think thats it.

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 9:41am

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

801 posts

The only language I know fluently is English.
I know bits of German, French and Irish.

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 10:27am

Tactical_Fish

Tactical_Fish

420 posts

Don't think I can speak english, cause I can't.
I'm also learning Italian (I'm actually okay at it) and I speak fluent pig latin.

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 1:18pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

I tried to learn Spanish and failed.

How is this possible. Teachers at my schools always said it's easiest to learn if you know English.

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 2:28pm

kegaumongo

kegaumongo

1,846 posts

I speak Catalan and Spanish. I'm apparently not bad with English. I also know a little bit of French because I took some classes at school, but I've forgotten almost everything.

How is this possible. Teachers at my schools always said it's easiest to learn if you know English.

Really? Or is there some irony that I don't get because I'm half asleep?

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 9:13pm

JuicyFruits

JuicyFruits

171 posts

Well, the only fluent language I know is obviously English. I know a lot of Spanish but I'm not fluent though. But that's it ahha.

Reply to How many languages do you know?

You must be logged in to post a reply!