Forums

ForumsFlash Games

Crush the Castle vs Angry Birds

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 12:29am

JackMinnow

JackMinnow

29 posts

So... has Rovio Mobile paid royalties to joeybetz or something or was the game public domain? While the physical game concept can't be copyrighted (defense games, Fighting games, FPS, RTS, etc), Angry Birds shamelessly copied every single game design and mechanic from Crush the Castle. Swap projectiles for birds, a catapult for a slingshot, and pigs for nobility. It makes me slightly indignant as a loyal and long time fan of CtC.

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 2:26am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,761 posts

Honestly...I'm not a fan of either of them...but I hate how everyone acts like Angry Birds is this awesome and original idea

Same with Words With Friends...it is literally the exact same game as Scrabble. Only difference is the colour scheme

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 10:24am

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,115 posts

I wouldn't call Angry Birds an exact copy, in CTC you can use whatever items you have unlocked, in Angry Birds you have what the level chooses for you.

In Angry Birds, you have a pull and release slingshot, the trebuchet in CTC functions much differently. (IT IS A TREBUCHET, NOT A CATAPULT)

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 7:41pm

vinster132

vinster132

6,093 posts

Angry Birds is so overrated! It pisses me off.

I agree. I haven't seen anything special about it.

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 9:06pm

JuicyFruits

JuicyFruits

177 posts

but I hate how everyone acts like Angry Birds is this awesome and original idea

Same with Words With Friends...it is literally the exact same game as Scrabble. Only difference is the colour scheme
I hate it too. Its just dumb and they just made Words with Friends on the iPod and all that stuff. Its more fun when you play it on a real board game. But I would have to say Angry Birds.

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 10:26pm

JackMinnow

JackMinnow

29 posts

Good point, Jacen. *Slaps myself for the trebuchet mistake* Still, the similarities are too close for me to ignore.

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 11:36pm

DaemonVeril

DaemonVeril

222 posts

I'd say just let it alone, I mean both games have been out for quite a while.

Posted Dec 2, '12 at 2:49am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,761 posts

Its more fun when you play it on a real board game.

Then they made Words With Friends the board game
/facepalm
"Tired of playing Scrabble? Well try Words With Friends! Same game..but an awesome new colour scheme!"

Posted Dec 2, '12 at 4:48am

JackMinnow

JackMinnow

29 posts

LOL Pang

Posted Dec 2, '12 at 12:12pm

AceofSky

AceofSky

782 posts

I honestly can't understand the hype for this kinds of games. I honestly can't spend hours after hours swinging my fingers around until I get three stars. Crush the Castle is better in my opinion, because every new sequel has something good, rather than Angry Birds with their new scenery and one or two bird changes. Crush the Castle takes skill, while Angry Birds players tend to guess and check here and there.

Reply to Crush the Castle vs Angry Birds

You must be logged in to post a reply!