Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Happiness

Thread Locked

Posted Feb 6, '08 at 12:43pm

Carlie

Carlie

6,915 posts

Knight

Money can't buy it specifically. It might buy things that may help make you happy. But then is it the true kind of happiness?

But I do agree, money makes things easier.

Posted Feb 6, '08 at 1:56pm

iFish

iFish

832 posts

im somewhat lost on the subject "can money buy u happiness?" because some people say its family and friends that can make u happy, not money and i agree, but are you happy starving and living on the street with no money to buy you food and shelter?i think its a combo of both to make you truley happy,

Posted Feb 6, '08 at 2:01pm

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,179 posts

Knight

Well, my specific situation is this: I live pay check to pay check for the time being, but I also have some serious debt.

I have great friends and the family I do speak with is great. All aspects of my life is great except finances. So, I believe money could be ME happiness.

Posted Feb 6, '08 at 2:11pm

iFish

iFish

832 posts

yea, thats my point,

Posted Feb 6, '08 at 8:39pm

Eshploded

Eshploded

503 posts

What if I use money to help poor people come out of their poverty? Wouldn't that make me happy? Or if I had a antisocial personality disorder and didn't care about people at all.

Posted Feb 6, '08 at 9:26pm

Carlie

Carlie

6,915 posts

Knight

I agree with what you guys have to say, that to a certain degree it can buy happiness. But what I am saying, is that it also depends on the person. You can't give someone who looks at the world pessimistically money, and assume it will make them happy. Some people just refuse to be happy.

But for others, it certainly does help!

Posted Feb 6, '08 at 11:03pm

Vivix

Vivix

9 posts

In my opinion money can't buy happiness but it can help you clear the way for you to find what makes you happy. And if used only when needed It can greatly reduce stress from worring about if you can afford things that you need and even little things the you want. In short: it cant buy you happiness but it can pay off saddness and stress if used correctly.

Posted Feb 7, '08 at 3:56am

AND1BALLA

AND1BALLA

11 posts

Hapiness comes from within.

Posted Mar 23, '08 at 11:29am

xEmoChloex

xEmoChloex

11 posts

happiness is ... well happiness is diffrent to different people.

Posted Mar 23, '08 at 12:01pm

Megamickel

Megamickel

946 posts

Actually, if you want to get into the chemistry of it, happiness is induced by a hormone in your brain known as dopamine. Certain things can spark the dopamine reactors. One of these things, is, unsurprisingly chocolate. Chocolate has a lot of surprising health benefits in moderation, but I won't go into that right now.
Another thing that involves dopamine is cocaine - it blocks the dopamine receptors so that you're getting a constant dose of happy.
Speaking of cocaine, has anyone else realized that pure caffeine looks EXACTLY like powdered cocaine? Wonder if they work on the same principle... To the interwebz!