Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Game of the year.

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 12:36pm

Vagueshade

Vagueshade

84 posts

The Walking Dead Game won GOTY from The VGAs.

Don't worry, I'm shocked that it was even nominated too.

On related news, Journey won Best Indie Of The Year.

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 10:41pm

jdoggparty

jdoggparty

3,314 posts

Half Life 2 won game of the decade.

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 11:48pm

IAgreeWithYou

IAgreeWithYou

419 posts

You probably haven't played the game before if you believe it shouldn't get nominated. I do agree with you about it not being the absolute best game of the year.

I personally was backing dishonored.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 2:00am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

The Walking Dead Game won GOTY from The VGAs.

Don't worry, I'm shocked that it was even nominated too

Really now? Well...this is...I...um...they've played video games before...right..?

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 6:35am

xNightwish

xNightwish

1,560 posts

Did anyone watch the VGA Awards. I watched some parts of it and I'm happy Mass Effect won best RPG.
But I'm kind of surprised that Claptrap won Best Character, because he is just a robot with no personality at all.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 8:59am

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,520 posts

^
Are you kidding me? Claptrap is fantastic. He is hilarious and full of personality, especially during the last level when killing the warrior.
Borderlands won best shooter and best multiplayer, not sure about anything else. Slightly disappointed by the GOTY this time. I didn't think walking dead was all great and perfect. It was alright, didnt think it was GOTY worthy.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 10:58am

CDdragon9

CDdragon9

8 posts

best game of this year would be assasin's creed 3 for me.
it got a good story and awesome gameplay.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 11:29am

letsgome_gome

letsgome_gome

697 posts

best game of this year would be assasin's creed 3 for me.
it got a good story and awesome gameplay.

Agreed, graphics are amazing in my view.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 12:24pm

d_dude

d_dude

1,770 posts

Half Life 2 won game of the decade.

This may be a controversial opinion, but I don't really think that this game should have won Game of the Decade. I never really enjoyed the game, and the other nominee, Bioshock had a much stronger sense of story and game atmosphere in my opinion.

The fact that Halo 4 won best graphics at the VGAs wasn't much of a shocker. God, that game is beautiful.

However what doesn't make sense to me is that Telltale won Studio of the Year. Seriously? What did they do that was so amazing? Walking Dead was a good game, sure, but they barely gave any information on release dates of episodes before last second, and they were really late with one of their episodes for the Walking Dead (Ep. 3 I think).

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 2:02pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,172 posts

Knight

This may be a controversial opinion, but I don't really think that this game should have won Game of the Decade. I never really enjoyed the game, and the other nominee, Bioshock had a much stronger sense of story and game atmosphere in my opinion.

No Half Life 2, no Source Engine. No CS, no Portal, no LfD, no TF. The graphics, physics and engine were very impressive for it's time. Like the Doom of our time.

Reply to Game of the year.

You must be logged in to post a reply!