Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Game of the year.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 3:27pm

jdoggparty

jdoggparty

3,314 posts

But I'm kind of surprised that Claptrap won Best Character, because he is just a robot with no personality at all.

You're kidding right? Claptrap was hilariously annoying. If claptrap didn't win, Handsome Jack easily could have, as he was hilarious, and a perfectly designed antagonist.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 3:41pm

Crickster

Crickster

449 posts

halo 4 hands down

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 4:52pm

xNightwish

xNightwish

1,560 posts

You're kidding right? Claptrap was hilariously annoying. If claptrap didn't win, Handsome Jack easily could have, as he was hilarious, and a perfectly designed antagonist.

Yes he was hilarious but I think there are other nominees who deserve best character more. There were characters on the list who got a story, a life, who were more worthy than the stand-up comedian robot from Borderlands.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 8:01pm

jdoggparty

jdoggparty

3,314 posts

Yes he was hilarious but I think there are other nominees who deserve best character more. There were characters on the list who got a story, a life, who were more worthy than the stand-up comedian robot from Borderlands.

I understand that they were better designed characters than claptrap, but it was the appeal he gave to the game. Also, what is your opinion on Handsome Jack, do you think he could have won? Because he was an excellently designed villain.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 8:19pm

Gamer_Cale

Gamer_Cale

1,414 posts

I haven't really got any games that game out this year other then black ops 2 I don't think there is any amazing ones that have came out.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 11:04pm

KingCanuck25

KingCanuck25

5 posts

I think AC3 or Halo 4 or COD black ops 2 all of them are great games

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 4:20pm

xNightwish

xNightwish

1,560 posts

I understand that they were better designed characters than claptrap, but it was the appeal he gave to the game. Also, what is your opinion on Handsome Jack, do you think he could have won? Because he was an excellently designed villain.

Handsome Jack, as a Villian, was a great character. Not great that I liked him, but great as a enemy because I really wanted to put a bullet between his eyes. Don't know if he deserved to win because I haven't seem all the nominees but I hated him in a good way.

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 6:18pm

Roxxar123

Roxxar123

59 posts

The Walking Dead game, made by Telltale Games, won.

Well, I gotta say, it deserved it.

Posted Dec 11, '12 at 12:15am

JuicyFruits

JuicyFruits

171 posts

I would say Halo 4 or Assassin's Creed 3. I LOVE halo 4!Black Ops 2 was kind of a disappointment to some people (including me).Zombies was terrible but I happened to like tranzit and I wasn't much of a fan of Nuketown 2025.I STILL have to get used to the maps and guns. AC3 is fun too but it gets really confusing....

Posted Dec 11, '12 at 6:33pm

Runescape124

Runescape124

91 posts

Handsome Jack, as a Villian, was a great character. Not great that I liked him, but great as a enemy because I really wanted to put a bullet between his eyes. Don't know if he deserved to win because I haven't seem all the nominees but I hated him in a good way.

You do know that Handsome Jack wore a mask? Because if that thing was bullet proof, I'd say it'd be pretty hard putting a bullet in between his eyes, lol. A side note, "Handsome Jack" is an anagram for "A Masked John." And also, I was kinda hoping Borderlands 2 would win, but I think The Walking Dead definitely deserved its place.

Reply to Game of the year.

You must be logged in to post a reply!