Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Game of the year.

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 7:26am

siopi

siopi

4 posts

I dont really have a game of the year for this year. Only bought Guild Wars 2 and I really like that, but.. :/ No nothing really sparks it up this year for me.

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 8:09am

Raptor4133

Raptor4133

7 posts

Assassin's Creed 3

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 11:43am

partydevil

partydevil

5,091 posts

What game is actually original anyways?

assassins creed when it came out 1st.
spore
portal
brutal ledgend
katamari
postal
Dishonored
fortnite
spyparty
fez

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 12:35pm

Roxxar123

Roxxar123

59 posts

@partydevil:

Okay, you got me. But I mean genres. Every single game is some sort of puzzle/action/adventure/beat-em-up/strategy/RPG/sport/arcade genre.

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 2:38pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,238 posts

Okay, you got me. But I mean genres. Every single game is some sort of puzzle/action/adventure/beat-em-up/strategy/RPG/sport/arcade genre.

Well of course...every game goes to a genre. But just because it is a part of a genre doesn't mean it isn't original

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 7:48pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,091 posts

what pangtong said.

and i did say that i dont mind if something is redone. but zombie games are over done. just like mario games are over done.

it isn't about the genre, it's about the concept and gameplay.
and zombies are a over rated concept that was fun 7 year ago. but is just plain annoying these days. thousands of zombies game flood the market all jumping on the zombie concept because it guaranteed is a success.
(much like how people keep buying the "new" CoD every year.)
but not a single one of them is original anymore because they had to use zombies. -.-'

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 11:56pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,238 posts

thousands of zombies game flood the market all jumping on the zombie concept because it guaranteed is a success

Prepare for this to not only continue but to get stronger...the zombie industry is expected to rake in well over a billion dollars in the next 5 years

Posted Dec 16, '12 at 6:56pm

AustinBB410

AustinBB410

37 posts

Yeah I'd say Borderlands 2 personally, but AC3 is probably what I think is actually going to win.

Posted Dec 16, '12 at 7:12pm

Runescape124

Runescape124

91 posts

assassins creed when it came out 1st.
spore
portal
brutal ledgend
katamari
postal
Dishonored
fortnite
spyparty
fez

I wouldn't say that Dishonered is COMPLETELY original, it's basically Assasin's Creed with a steampunk-y feel, teleporting powers, voodoo magic... and that's about it.

Posted Dec 16, '12 at 7:41pm

Bluydee

Bluydee

699 posts

what pangtong said.

and i did say that i dont mind if something is redone. but zombie games are over done. just like mario games are over done.

it isn't about the genre, it's about the concept and gameplay.
and zombies are a over rated concept that was fun 7 year ago. but is just plain annoying these days. thousands of zombies game flood the market all jumping on the zombie concept because it guaranteed is a success.
(much like how people keep buying the "new" CoD every year.)
but not a single one of them is original anymore because they had to use zombies. -.-'

And guns, swords, medieval, future, space, are, by the same logic, overdone.

Reply to Game of the year.

You must be logged in to post a reply!