ForumsForum GamesThe Universe

28 7048
WorstSniper
WorstSniper
1,471 posts
Nomad

The Universe
Inspired by the Universe Project. Description paraphrased from the actual video. Warning: This is a complex game.

A game set in a world the size of our own planet and universe. You can expand in the world, and the world changes to your choices. Survival, weather, and nature are all implemented.

It starts on a planet like Earth, however all things man are absent. You must build tools, invent new items, and band together with different people on the planet.

You must build and create a society. Not a society based on our current society, but a society created by YOU. Your morals, traditions, languages, and more are created by you and your people.

Sail across oceans and seas to discover new lands, or venture by land to discover more of the continent.

Raid villages, raise armies, conquer empires. Start your own villages and settlements, and watch them grow to the sizes of super cities. Create your own government run by your own rules. Run a nation.

Once you achieve the technology to reach space, you can expand to different planets and other places in space.

Character Sheet
Hunger: Not Hungry
Thirst: Not Thirsty
Rest: Well Rested
Physical Appearance: (Do not include clothes, you aren't wearing any clothes yet)

The character sheet will grow as the game progresses. For now, that is all that is included.

Players Allowed
2 players allowed. Please be active. If you are going to stop replying for a while (ie. you are on vacation), you must tell me. Otherwise, not replying for at least 5-10 pages will get you kicked.

All players will exist in/on the same world/planet.

• 28 Replies
WorstSniper
WorstSniper
1,471 posts
Nomad

Physical Appearance: Lean young male with light brown skin tone, 6'4", mid-length black dread locks, short newly grown facial hair, green/blue eyes, 150 lbs.

You wake up on a plain grassland with a few trees and hills. There isn't much around. It is currently cloudy and somewhat cold.

DaemonVeril
DaemonVeril
217 posts
Peasant

P.S. Is are inventions universal knowledge, or do they have to be individually discovered?

DaemonVeril
DaemonVeril
217 posts
Peasant

Physical Appearance: Lean young male with light brown skin tone, 6'4", mid-length black dread locks, short newly grown facial hair, green/blue eyes, 150 lbs.

I begin to head toward one of the taller trees that I see. Once I reach the tree, I gather a large pile of the long grass from around the tree, and begin to weave it (over and under) into neat squares.

WorstSniper
WorstSniper
1,471 posts
Nomad

Physical Appearance: Strong, Young, Has a Beard, 6 Foot 2, White, 100 lbs, Black Hair, Brown Eyes
Inventions: Basic Cubic Stone Shelter

Yes, I was kind of waiting for zorsca to reply.

You poke the head of the creature, which seems to be quite soft unlike its back.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inventions have to be individually discovered if you are alone. If you are in a society, then the invention has a chance of being shared knowledge to (almost) everyone.

You gather long grass growing along the tree, and begin to slowly weave it into squares.

DaemonVeril
DaemonVeril
217 posts
Peasant

Once I get a sizable pile of squares, I begin to weave them into the shapes of my body, making separate pieces for legs, arms, torso, feet, and head. After I have done this I connect them with more grass so that they will not fall off. Also, the feet I have reinforced with several layers.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inventions have to be individually discovered if you are alone. If you are in a society, then the invention has a chance of being shared knowledge to (almost) everyone.

Thank you for the clarification.
WorstSniper
WorstSniper
1,471 posts
Nomad

Physical Appearance: Strong, Young, Has a Beard, 6 Foot 2, White, 100 lbs, Black Hair, Brown Eyes
Inventions: Basic Cubic Stone Shelter

You enter the shallow water and find some small rocks and few mussels and clams.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clothing: Grass Weave Clothing
Inventions: Grass Weave Clothing

With your pile of grass squares, you begin to weave them into the shapes of your body parts. You then finish them with more grass to reinforce the clothing, especially your shoes. You try them on, and they feel a bit irritating and itchy but not too annoying.

In the distance, you notice a group of people climbing up on one of the hills. They seem to be carrying various objects and wearing some kind of clothing.

WorstSniper
WorstSniper
1,471 posts
Nomad

Clothing: Seaweed-Leaf Torso Piece and Leggings
Inventions: Basic Cubic Stone Shelter, Seaweed-Leaf Clothing

You find some seaweed, but further into the water where the water reaches your waist.

You wrap the seaweed with some leaves and create a torso piece and leggings.

In the distance, you see a group of people walking along the beach, carrying various objects.

WorstSniper
WorstSniper
1,471 posts
Nomad

Language (for you) does not exist yet, however it may exist for others.

WorstSniper
WorstSniper
1,471 posts
Nomad

You walk up to them, and they stop in their tracks. They seem prepared for a fight.

DaemonVeril
DaemonVeril
217 posts
Peasant

I move myself so that the tree is in between me and the people. After that I climb the tree, to be shielded by the leaves and have a better idea of where the people are headed.

WorstSniper
WorstSniper
1,471 posts
Nomad

The people pull back a little as well, putting their weapons to their backs. They seem to notice your small stone structure.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After climbing up into the tree, you sit and wait for the people to move. The people are pointing in a direction, where you notice in the distance a very large hill next to a river, surrounded by a few trees.The people begin to move towards the location.

DaemonVeril
DaemonVeril
217 posts
Peasant

I dismount from the tree, and as sneakily as I can, follow the people from a distance to see where they are headed.

DaemonVeril
DaemonVeril
217 posts
Peasant

^ I think WorstSniper might have forgotten about this.

Showing 16-28 of 28