Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Causes of Crime

Posted Dec 5, '12 at 10:27pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,182 posts

Sin-----An immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law.

I am pretty sure we can define crime as a transgression against human law, so they are pretty similar.

Satan and people who don't follow the bible

Let me give you some advice, don't use the religious texts against atheists, they don't care what the texts say. (except perhaps for anthropological research)

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Dec 5, '12 at 10:42pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

I HATE people who say Violence in Video Games make people murderers. NO THEY DON'T None of you have said that so I have no problem with this thread yet.

Anyway I thing the cause of crime can sometime be Unjust or Immoral laws. But other times it's usually because of a motive or an agenda, A Motive probably is what they have so they maybe kill their wife/husband for cheating on him/her. That's just an example. You're more likely to be murdered by someone you know. Other Crimes like arson, can be a variety of reasons. It could just be some guy who doesn't like somebody or it could be a company someone hates, A house that someone hated lives at etc.

Another reason may be getting Vengeance on someone for a crime they have committed, Also rival gangs and Clans may be having a war. It may be someone who intruded on a rival gangs turf. Or It could be (like many presidential assassinations) someone who doesn't agree (most likely strongly) with a political leaders decisions and thinks they may be incompetent.  And last but no least, it may be Racial discrimination which is a terrible crime targeting someone from a specific Ethnic and/or race.

Posted Dec 5, '12 at 10:58pm

BRAAINZz

BRAAINZz

601 posts

I HATE people who say Violence in Video Games make people murderers.

eg. Australia

There isn't necessarily one single cause of a crime, it comes from many different factors, most of which are named already in this thread. Although, almost always it would root back to the idea that this crime in particular would benefit the person in some way. That said, Money is the root of all evil.

On a side note, this would be easier if we were to define what a crime is.

Posted Dec 6, '12 at 6:10am

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

Money is the root of all evil.

there was war, ****, robbery and killing befor there was money ;)

Posted Dec 6, '12 at 7:16pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

3,567 posts

I HATE people who say Violence in Video Games make people murderers. NO THEY DON'T None of you have said that so I have no problem with this thread yet.

So true. I play Halo and stuff. Am I a murderer? No... Also. Black Ops 2 just came out. Tons of people bought it. Have we an increase in murderers? No...

there was war, ****, robbery and killing befor there was money ;)

Hahaha yeah. Take the neanderthals... (for killing at least)

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 2:18am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,977 posts

Money is the root of all evil.

Money itself is just a standardized bartering tool.
But greed tends to have a lot of influence over decisions.

this would be easier if we were to define what a crime is.

Crime is basically any action that's contrary to a law. But let's focus on things that are usually internationally frowned upon (pre-meditated murder, stealing, lying under oath, treason, etc).

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 2:25pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,005 posts

Knight

I am pretty sure we can define crime as a transgression against human law, so they are pretty similar.

My point still stands, only those people believing the "divine law" is in effect should feel concerned about not transgressing it, all others should keep to following human laws (or not).

But greed tends to have a lot of influence over decisions.

Love, greed and vengeance are often told to be the main motives in crimes. At least in TV series X) but it's propably not that far off.

Crime is basically any action that's contrary to a law. But let's focus on things that are usually internationally frowned upon (pre-meditated murder, stealing, lying under oath, treason, etc).

Why?

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 7:03pm

xerox

xerox

308 posts

Humans.
No humans, no crime.
PROBLEM SOLVED!

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 7:17pm

handlerfan

handlerfan

192 posts

No humans, no awareness of crime, no demand to get rid of crime.
No humans, no fun.
Getting rid of the human race is an extreme solution to the problem of crime. We would destroy a lot of good in order to eradicate the bad.

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 1:42am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,276 posts

Humans.
No humans, no crime.
PROBLEM SOLVED!

What about animals stealing the eggs of other animals for food?

Reply to Causes of Crime

You must be logged in to post a reply!