Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Causes of Crime

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 5:31pm

letsgome_gome

letsgome_gome

697 posts

because criminals are angry at someone or just plain bad.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 6:00pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,947 posts

Knight

5: Negative life experiences and/or inherent personalities will cause a person to commit negative acts, whetheras positive experiences and/or personalities will cause someone to commit positive acts.

Nah. Replace "will" with "might" and you might have gotten something. Just because you had some bad experiences doesn't mean you certainly will do something bad. It just lowers the threshold in some way.

or just plain bad.

This certainly applies to a small minority of psychotic cases only. "Just plain bad" sounds more like an excuse when you don't know what else to find.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 7:35pm

handlerfan

handlerfan

192 posts

You don't have to be brought up in a Christian household to become a law-abiding citizen. I believe that many of those brought up in Bhuddist, or Muslim, atheist or Jewish households are law abiding too. Ignorance of the Christian faith is not a cause of crime.
I imagine that in some lifes bringing up a child strictly in the Christian faith might be a cause of crime in later life when the child is strong enough to stand up to the parents.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 11:22pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,971 posts

Nah. Replace "will" with "might" and you might have gotten something. Just because you had some bad experiences doesn't mean you certainly will do something bad.

Sometimes it even works the other way. On 20/20, I think, two sons of an alcoholic, abusive father were interviewed. The first, an abusive, unemployed, and unmarried drunk, cited his father for his position in life, as he was his role model. The second, a successful, married, and kindhearted businessman, also cited his father for his position in life, because he wanted to be nothing like him.

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 12:30am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,232 posts

because criminals are angry at someone or just plain bad.

And what about those that steal, let's say bread for their family, because they are too poor to be able to pay for it?

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 10:28am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,633 posts

The above logic proof is, while vague, Sound, Convincing, and Valid. This thead just got Logic'd. I just coined that, Logic'd. No one steal it!

You're not pompous at all. Right?
http://www.gabe-e.com/rushes/analysis/barbossa1.jpg

As I said before, crime is fully dependent on the person him/herself.

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 11:14pm

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

458 posts

Ahoy there Barbossa! I try to be confidant, not pompous. Sorry.
I'll just replace "will" with "might" and call it a Logic'd. I dont see any other bits getting picked at, so...yay.

Posted Dec 11, '12 at 6:07am

partydevil

partydevil

5,090 posts

I dont see any other bits getting picked at,

some of it is so vague it's not good enough to even comment on.
this doesn't mean i agree whit it. just that your jumping from one conclusion into the other.

Posted Dec 11, '12 at 3:59pm

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

458 posts

...At least I tried to answer the thread, okay?

Posted Dec 11, '12 at 4:37pm

toemas

toemas

314 posts

If not...then just one example that should shut your yapper. A man of the Bible...Hitler

@pangtongshu

Hate to break it to ya but ummmm... Hitler was not a Christian, he may have put on that mask for propaganda and to look good (sound like a president we know?) but he was by no means a bible follower

And say you don’t even want to think about believing the bible if you have ever read it, it does not have bad advise! Look it says: don’t murder, don’t steal, don’t sleep around (or you could get venereal diseases), don’t lie, don’t cheat people. is this by any mean BAD advice? i think if everybody did read the bibles laws and followed them the crime would be much, much lower.

ps. it would not completely stop crime by any means because the root cause for crime is human nature, have you ever seen a 2 year old baby make a mess on the couch or the floor and even when he is right in front of the huge mess that he made if you ask him if he made a mess he will look you straight in the face and say: nooo I didn’t...

Reply to Causes of Crime

You must be logged in to post a reply!