ForumsWEPRCauses of Crime

55 18162
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

I was wondering what you the gamers of AG think the cause of crime is?

• 55 Replies
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Humans.
No humans, no crime.
PROBLEM SOLVED!

handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

No humans, no awareness of crime, no demand to get rid of crime.
No humans, no fun.
Getting rid of the human race is an extreme solution to the problem of crime. We would destroy a lot of good in order to eradicate the bad.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Humans.
No humans, no crime.
PROBLEM SOLVED!

What about animals stealing the eggs of other animals for food?
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

What about animals stealing the eggs of other animals for food?

thats not a crime but nature.

when a lion kills a buffalo, that is not murder but nature. were not going to kill the lion for doing so.
but when he would kill a human. we most likely do. =S
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

No humans, no awareness of crime, no demand to get rid of crime.
No humans, no fun.
Getting rid of the human race is an extreme solution to the problem of crime. We would destroy a lot of good in order to eradicate the bad.

Not that you would care, you would be dead!
Nature works in a balance. Perhaps, once upon a pretty time, we were a part in that balance. Now, we are just insane fools at the helm, with the calls of a select few shouting for a change of course but being largely ignored.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Nature works in a balance. Perhaps, once upon a pretty time, we were a part in that balance. Now, we are just insane fools at the helm, with the calls of a select few shouting for a change of course but being largely ignored.

I find it really funny that people think we're so unnatural in our behaviour.. as partydevil noted, what do you call animals that steal others eggs or do similar things? No humans means no crime, but simply because we coined the word, nothing else.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

as partydevil noted,

*pangtongshu. Got the posts mixed up, sorry.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

I find it really funny that people think we're so unnatural in our behaviour.. as partydevil noted, what do you call animals that steal others eggs or do similar things

Despite many of our actions being "natural" we still do things that aren't quite natural, or are so extreme they may not be considered so.

Laying down hundreds of thousands of miles of concrete and asphalt being one of them. Indiscriminate destruction of the land and whatever is living on it another. Pollution of other ecosystems through waste disposal...while you can reduce each of these to a natural tendency, the scale at which we do these is far, far, far beyond the scope of anything else.

It is correct to say though that what is pretty universally thought of as crime (murder/****/theft) all happen quite frequently in nature.
MalKeshar
MalKeshar
115 posts
Jester

I feel as though most crime comes from three things.
1. no father
2. sin
3. need
No father means no role model and no one to be an example. If the person doesn't grow up in a Christian household, than sin is all they know. Also, without a father, there is need. No single cause creates crime. If just one of these are there though, there is a good chance of it.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

1. no father
No father means no role model and no one to be an example.

There are other role models for children too. A father figure helps, but making this claim is just incorrect.

If the person doesn't grow up in a Christian household, than sin is all they know.

Fairly offensive, to make the claim that if you're not a Christian you're going to be a criminal.

Also, without a father, there is need.

Need? Need for what? I will guess that you mean money, which by insinuation is basically saying a woman can't provide for her family. It's hard for any single parent, not just a single mother.

If just one of these are there though, there is a good chance of it.

Two of your three are not valid. "need" can be classified into many things as well.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Fairly offensive, to make the claim that if you're not a Christian you're going to be a criminal.

Logical for people who've been taught that their belief is the source of "good". Sadly. That's why I'm making the strict distinction between sin and crime.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

1. no father
No father means no role model and no one to be an example.

Like Kasic said. I don't have a father and I don't commit crimes (albeit...I do shoplift every now and then..but that is out of sport..not because of "daddy issues&quot...and it annoys me when people use someone not having a father as a full legitimate reason why they did something and why they shouldn't be blamed for what they did.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Eh... eventually, there are many factors that can influence whether a person commits a crime in a certain situation or not.. the father issue being one of those factors, one among so many. A predisposition, as strong as it may be, does not necessarily lead to the act though, and many people don't understand this.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

No father means no role model and no one to be an example. If the person doesn't grow up in a Christian household

i lost my father when i was young. i have never believed in this religion thingy of yours.

Also, without a father, there is need.

need... need for what? everyone has it's needs.
father, no father, working, jobless, sane, insane... every1 has needs

2. sin

my life is full whit sins according to your religion.

If just one of these are there though, there is a good chance of it.

i'm in on all 3 (or 4, because you had to add the religion part)
yet ive never done a crime.
Aeridani
Aeridani
360 posts
Nomad

I feel as though most crime comes from three things. 
1. no father
2. sin
3. need
No father means no role model and no one to be an example.  If the person doesn't grow up in a Christian household, than sin is all they know.  Also, without a father, there is need.  No single cause creates crime.  If just one of these are there though, there is a good chance of it.

So you are saying sin is all I know? I haven't grown up in a Christian household, my parents are not Christian. What does following a set of beliefs have anything to do with whether you'll commit a crime or not?

Showing 16-30 of 55