Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Merits, Reviews, and AP: Issues and Suggesstions

Posted Dec 23, '12 at 10:04am

spikeabc

spikeabc

1,004 posts

even if i try seriously hard to get a merit on a comment thats like an entire page long, it just gets burried in spam and the merit never comes my way. same for forum posts.
fix this people

There should be some rewards for correctly flagging spammy and abusive reviews such as whistle points,and some bad ones for those who are flagging comments wrongly.

agreed. whenever someone posts ninja monkeys on a game, flagging it as spam never does anything for anybody.

Posted Dec 23, '12 at 1:52pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

it just gets burried in spam and the merit never comes my way.

To quote a moderator: You do not write a merit. You write a review of the game, and maybe it will get rewarded with a merit.
Also, if you're only writing game reviews for merits, chances are you won't get them.

same for forum posts.

Forum posts don't get merits.

fix this people

The reputation system may fix it, but that depends on whether they keep merits or not.

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 1:11am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,599 posts

agreed. whenever someone posts ninja monkeys on a game, flagging it as spam never does anything for anybody.

1) There is a whole lot more spam that the mods have to deal with..they will get to it..have patience

2) If you are really that upset about certain spam, then go to a mod, give them a link to the user spamming and a link to their comment(s)

Posted Dec 25, '12 at 1:36am

jessthespartan

jessthespartan

12 posts

i have an idea please think it through before you judge it if i play a game for say 10 hours you should get say 10 AP points. for being dedicated now i know what your thinking. AP farmers will just leave the game open for ten hours but there is way around that. for every five to ten minutes of non movement shut off the timer. and don't tell anyone about that feature it will be our dirty little secret. and for twenty hours get another 10 AP so for every 10 hours 10 points
i think its a rather good idea. just a another idea if you play for 100 hours which will equal 100 AP you should get a merit. thanks for listening.

Posted Dec 25, '12 at 2:26am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

The idea sounds ridiculous. Why? Look at the current armor points system. You need a lot of points to unlock things, 10 measly AP for 10 hours of gameplay isn't going to happen, and nobody is going to spend 10 hours playing a game. That's almost half a day.

As I said before, the other ideas regarding AP are set in stone. I doubt they're going to drastically change it soon.

Posted Dec 25, '12 at 2:52am

jessthespartan

jessthespartan

12 posts

yea know for having a wolf that looks like its smiling you sure have a lot of put downs. its not 10 hours straight five minutes there fie minutes there make it so that it adds up. i was just making a suggestion with the 10 points make the points what ever you want. i was just having a fun non writing way for people to earn merits.

Posted Dec 25, '12 at 3:06am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

Even if it's 10 hours spanned over a few days and you increase the points, it still wouldn't work with their system. I also don't see the purpose when there will be achievements. Challenges in games rewarding points based on difficulty, so you don't have to wait a set time to earn points, but rather it's based on your skill.

Posted Dec 25, '12 at 3:27am

jessthespartan

jessthespartan

12 posts

hmm nice and this time not in a smart *** tone of text i thank you for that spock out.

Posted Dec 25, '12 at 7:17am

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,588 posts

Does anyone remember this thread?

I believe Cenere's angry and ranty reply works perfectly in this thread as well! But read at your own risk!

Angry and ranty reply. Reading at your own risk.
I don't see why this would be concerning anyone. As far as I am aware, there won't be merits in AGv3, so the staff won't change the "system" right now.
Not to mention every time you say the system is flawed, you are indirectly saying that we mods don't do our jobs well enough, fighting through all the spam users leave.
Not to mention two things: Have it ever occurred to you, your comment might not be worth a merit? Or that the "system" might be flawed because mods have no intention of giving merits to people who whine and complain about not getting merits, when they could be using their time flagging spam comments, writing a proper review or shutting the hell up?

If the majority of the users won't make the effort of writing something worth our while, then why should we make the effort of rewarding merits at all, just because a few people actually write more than a line. Shouldn't it be reward enough to not have your comments violently burned off the site?

I think that "fixing" the merit system should come at the appropriate time. Like when the more important stuff has been fixed. Like the help page not being helpful in any way (if it was, we wouldn't need stickies), or to make sure the newbies are aware of the rules (So no time is wasted on answering the same question for the five hundred thousandth time, because no one cares to link to the place where the answer is, and because no one cares to read the freaking stickies or the rules).

So... Dear people thinking we don't do our unpaying job well enough... Go make it worth it for us, will you?
Or at least stop giving us crap about this, because the staff won't be listening to suggestions about this site. If they are listening at all.

That just made me want to join CFC...

Posted Dec 26, '12 at 2:40am

jessthespartan

jessthespartan

12 posts

Reply to Merits, Reviews, and AP: Issues and Suggesstions

You must be logged in to post a reply!