Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Merits, Reviews, and AP: Issues and Suggesstions

Posted Dec 26, '12 at 2:48am

jessthespartan

jessthespartan

12 posts

and i'm not insulting the mods i think they do there job perfectly. really i don't care about AP's i just think that people should have a say in what they want.  instead of getting some negative reply within five minutes i think that the mods should take the five seconds to copy paste write the name of the person who had the idea and let the people making the changes think about it. because how do you know that one of those couldn't be just what they needed. that that one idea wasn't something that could effect the entire way the system works in a very positive way. my fellow users my moderators sometimes you need to leap without looking.

Posted Dec 26, '12 at 6:42pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

You can have a say in what you want, but keep in mind not everyone will have the same views and acknowledging the cons of an idea is important. You also have to consider if it's viable with their system.

Posted Dec 27, '12 at 6:08pm

jessthespartan

jessthespartan

12 posts

wel yea nobody ever does its not in human nature to be agreeable and on a side note anyone here watch duck dynasty

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 12:26am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

wel yea nobody ever does its not in human nature to be agreeable

What makes you say that? And this confuses me..are you agreeing or disagreeing with Ghost?

and on a side note anyone here watch duck dynasty

Well...this just seems a bit unnecessary

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 4:36pm

jessthespartan

jessthespartan

12 posts

yes i'm agreeing with ghost and just about everything i say you will find is unnecessary. as to explain my self if you get 10 people to come to a room and decide its color. between red blue or black its almost always true that maybe at the most 4 or 5 will agree with each other or some other number now if its five and up then you would will and the color would be less blue. now what happens if its five for five or four, four, two. then you would need a tie breaker that's why when taking a vote there has to be an odd number. stating that humans in there very own nature will never all agree on one simple thing.

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 5:00pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

stating that humans in there very own nature will never all agree on one simple thing.

Um..do you have any proof on this? Scientific research?

As for your example..for a colour, especially those as distinctly different as you gave..unless a person is colour-blind like myself, it would be very easy for them to agree on it.

Posted Jan 1, '13 at 4:46am

jessthespartan

jessthespartan

12 posts

hey man im just going with what scientist have been saying for years

Posted Jan 1, '13 at 6:08am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

hey man im just going with what scientist have been saying for years

And I'm just asking for some evidence on this

Posted Jan 4, '13 at 10:41pm

kirks011

kirks011

181 posts

the idea of the merit is a much bigger deal than the points given.

I dont think you get his point, the point is the points given being increased could also cause the increase of game quality. If developers get 100's of merit worthy comments because the points are now way more worth it, then im pretty sure that developer will have a much more succesful game the next time. I like the idea of increasing the AP given on merits, it would increase the amount of quality comments.

Posted Jan 4, '13 at 11:36pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,166 posts

Knight

I dont think you get his point, the point is the points given being increased could also cause the increase of game quality. If developers get 100's of merit worthy comments because the points are now way more worth it, then im pretty sure that developer will have a much more succesful game the next time. I like the idea of increasing the AP given on merits, it would increase the amount of quality comments.

My bet is that the number of merits doled out will only increase marginally, because the standards of merits will merely rise to accommodate this sudden enthusiasm for writing reviews, as they have for the last few years.

Reply to Merits, Reviews, and AP: Issues and Suggesstions

You must be logged in to post a reply!