ForumsPopular MediaStar Wars Fans on the New Episodes

25 11302
SkooterDog
SkooterDog
1 posts
Nomad

Hi! This is my first forum post. Any way, I would like to hear your opinion on the purchase of Lucasfilm by Disney, the new episodes starting in 2015, etc. If you support some things/not, tell, and why! Have a nice day!

• 25 Replies
PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

As an older gentleman, the old Starwars ep. 4, 5, and 6 were the best, most thought out, movies in the series. They had heart and soul. It goes to prove that even with bad graphically special effects a great story can be told.

SW ep. 1, 2, and 3 were bad. Just down right terrible. I can only imagine how Disney is going to *******ize the new series.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Can't remember where it is...and I'm too lazy to find it..but we have already discussed how we feel about it. With how atrocious those monstrosities that dare try to call themselves Star Wars movies were...I can't even imagine how terrible these will be

Now just need to wait for Devoid to see this so we can rant again...

Also...a lil for fun thing....try to name the main character/protagonist for ep 1 (Phantom Menace)...go ahead, I dare you

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I like Disney and all but they're trying to make star wars... It's not gonna work. Something is gonna get freakin screwed. Also how are they supposed to start up again from where they ended 30 years ago -_-

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

try to name the main character/protagonist for ep 1 (Phantom Menace)...go ahead, I dare you
Obi-wan and Anakin

I liked the prequal, though didn't care for Anakin's performance (Obi-wan was nice), but Disney is just going to ruin it in so many ways, especially since the star wars universe is already pretty much done in every section.

I got this feeling we are going to see Hannah Montana type values, and the protagonist will be the most annoying girl to ever get within 50 feet of a star wars set.

What would be cool though, would be for them to upgrade the graphics to present day on the first three movies. (but don't change anything else)

~~~Darth Caedus
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Obi-wan and Anakin

Really though? But we don't meet Anakin until an hour into the movie..and as for how we feel about him, that is rather limited. The ending of pathos for him happens when he joins them...nothing to make me feel anxious or happy when he goes against the droids

As for Obi-Wan..take him out of the movie. We now have...the same exact movie. He is so ultimately unimportant to the movie that it isn't even funny
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Pang, have you ever read Red Storm Rising, that book has no single protagonist or single Antagonist (well, maybe the politburo), rather the protagonist is NATO and the antagonist is the Soviet Bloc.

Why can't we have the same situation in the star wars series.

We now have...the same exact movie.
But there will be no explanation as to his role in every other film.

~~~Darth Caedus
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

go ahead, I dare you

Liam nesson!
New ones will be bad. I cant see where they will go with them. What, you want a story of how Luke gets drunk and parties too much, then slowly rebuilds the republic? They might go into the force unleashed story and make movies of them, or they will go Old Rep. Yep. Prequels of prequels.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Disney has made a lot ofmovies, most I consider good. So I trust that they'll make them better than episodes 1-3. I just wish that they would leave the franchise alone. Hollywood doesn't seem to have a lot of fresh new ideas nowadays, so they bring back older movies and ruin them.

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

My opinion is that the prequels were, indeed, bad, but I'm glad they came out. It was nice to know about Obi-Wan and Anakin. (mostly Obi-Wan) However, I think we know enough now, so we don't need anymore crap.

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

Disney has made a lot ofmovies, most I consider good.

What?! Most of the Disney movies on that list are crap. List of ALL the Disney movies I like:

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
National Treasure (a little)
almost anything pixar, because it's pixar, not Disney
Phineas and Ferb

That's about it. The others, for the most part, are total crap.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Disney has made a lot of great movies, but most of those are old, and nowadays, the only good ones come from Pixar and Marvel, with a few gems in the normal disney, they do too much of those disney channel style movies, which have no watch-ability at all.

~~~Darth Caedus

Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

if they go into the Thrawn Trilogy (ie. SEQUALS not PREQUALS) they might be good. But they have to focus more on the storytelling and less on just "in your face" graphics and FX. Let's just say I'm cautiously skeptical.....

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Pang, have you ever read Red Storm Rising, that book has no single protagonist or single Antagonist (well, maybe the politburo), rather the protagonist is NATO and the antagonist is the Soviet Bloc.

1) please keep name lowercase...Thank you!

2) Ok...sol are you suggesting that we have a faction as the protagonist? Because even then, none of them quality. The jedi i feel you would argue for..but how does the story line directly relate to them and affect them? (and them being in the war does not count)

But there will be no explanation as to his role in every other film.

A quick "Jinn died *insert explanation here* (assuming they had him kill Maul in first movie to not have awkward situation of a bad guy alive but left along)..so this guy will train you" would be sufficient. The first movie doesn't really even offer an explanation but to say "I was there when we first met you"..but that has nothing to do with the original trilogy. The main focus with Obi and Anakin should have been their friendship (as Obi stated they very much had in ep. 4,,but they completely failed at that part)..not how they met

Liam nesson!

Man oh man did he abuse his Jedi abilities to his benefit..but this one could have the best argument. But, he did have quite the lack of personality..and was very unrelatable
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Man oh man did he abuse his Jedi abilities to his benefit..but this one could have the best argument. But, he did have quite the lack of personality..and was very unrelatable

He is ****ing Liam Nesson. Your argument is invalid.

With all due respect pang, this is about the next ones. Not you *****ing about the old ones. This comes from a friends :P

if they go into the Thrawn Trilogy (ie. SEQUALS not PREQUALS) they might be good.

Oh sure. They might be good. I dont know.... Its just weird. Everyone hates anything that isnt the originals. I dont think this will be too great. They most certainly will dumb it down a little for kids. Thats how Disney makes its money. 3 or 4 tickets for a family costs more that 2 for a pg-13. I think its will be a money marker unless they get a good director on this.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

*friend
*money maker
Im stupid and I cant spell.

Showing 1-15 of 25