Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Star Wars Fans on the New Episodes

Posted Dec 5, '12 at 5:58pm

ironblade41

ironblade41

523 posts

Disney has made a lot ofmovies, most I consider good.

What?! Most of the Disney movies on that list are crap. List of ALL the Disney movies I like:

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
National Treasure (a little)
almost anything pixar, because it's pixar, not Disney
Phineas and Ferb

That's about it. The others, for the most part, are total crap.

Posted Dec 5, '12 at 11:18pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,188 posts

Disney has made a lot of great movies, but most of those are old, and nowadays, the only good ones come from Pixar and Marvel, with a few gems in the normal disney, they do too much of those disney channel style movies, which have no watch-ability at all.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Dec 6, '12 at 12:07pm

Cranium80

Cranium80

460 posts

if they go into the Thrawn Trilogy (ie. SEQUALS not PREQUALS) they might be good. But they have to focus more on the storytelling and less on just "in your face" graphics and FX. Let's just say I'm cautiously skeptical.....

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 2:10am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,277 posts

Pang, have you ever read Red Storm Rising, that book has no single protagonist or single Antagonist (well, maybe the politburo), rather the protagonist is NATO and the antagonist is the Soviet Bloc.

1) please keep name lowercase...Thank you!

2) Ok...sol are you suggesting that we have a faction as the protagonist? Because even then, none of them quality. The jedi i feel you would argue for..but how does the story line directly relate to them and affect them? (and them being in the war does not count)

But there will be no explanation as to his role in every other film.

A quick "Jinn died *insert explanation here* (assuming they had him kill Maul in first movie to not have awkward situation of a bad guy alive but left along)..so this guy will train you" would be sufficient. The first movie doesn't really even offer an explanation but to say "I was there when we first met you"..but that has nothing to do with the original trilogy. The main focus with Obi and Anakin should have been their friendship (as Obi stated they very much had in ep. 4,,but they completely failed at that part)..not how they met

Liam nesson!

Man oh man did he abuse his Jedi abilities to his benefit..but this one could have the best argument. But, he did have quite the lack of personality..and was very unrelatable

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 10:06am

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,353 posts

Man oh man did he abuse his Jedi abilities to his benefit..but this one could have the best argument. But, he did have quite the lack of personality..and was very unrelatable

He is ****ing Liam Nesson. Your argument is invalid.

With all due respect pang, this is about the next ones. Not you *****ing about the old ones. This comes from a friends :P

if they go into the Thrawn Trilogy (ie. SEQUALS not PREQUALS) they might be good.

Oh sure. They might be good. I dont know.... Its just weird. Everyone hates anything that isnt the originals. I dont think this will be too great. They most certainly will dumb it down a little for kids. Thats how Disney makes its money. 3 or 4 tickets for a family costs more that 2 for a pg-13. I think its will be a money marker unless they get a good director on this.

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 10:07am

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,353 posts

*friend
*money maker
Im stupid and I cant spell.

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 10:17pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,208 posts

OMG We already discussed this stuff in the other thread, just let this one die already.

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 10:35pm

daleks

daleks

3,212 posts

We will just have to see. I hope they follow the books or things will just get messy.

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 10:45pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,208 posts

I hope they follow the books or things will just get messy.

Have you seen Hollywood lately? Percey Jackson the Lightning Thief had nothing close to do with the book. I'm pretty sure Hunger Games was missing a few parts too.

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 1:56am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,277 posts

With all due respect pang, this is about the next ones. Not you *****ing about the old ones. This comes from a friends :P

Argh...sorry. I was using the latest movies to show why I believe the new ones will suck. The focus of movies now-a-days is how pretty it looks, not how sound the story it

I'm pretty sure Hunger Games was missing a few parts too.

A few things..but they actually stayed quite close to the book. But that was their problem..they might have stayed a bit too close to the book...a lot of happenings in the movie weren't explained like they were in the book...so your best shot at fully understanding it is to have read the book (bread scene for example)

Reply to Star Wars Fans on the New Episodes

You must be logged in to post a reply!