Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

I thought this was news worth sharing

Posted Dec 6, '12 at 5:18pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,687 posts

Knight

It could be because AG has a more strict standard as to what goes onto the site and it wasn't up to par as is.

If AG hosts dress up games, I'm sure my game is good enough. Also, I made it in about an hour of tinkering around last year. I planned on spending more time on it, but I lost interest.

Posted Dec 6, '12 at 5:50pm

ImTheMostManlyMan

ImTheMostManlyMan

2,809 posts

Yeah but they were just starting when the dress up games were here. However a valid point would be snot put

@BLK: here's the most understandable translation that I can muster.

Lol how could your game be the mascot when it's on Kongregate and not AG. And if you make games that are mimics of John's games (he's basing this assumption on the joke game names that you threw out). You will need to make new and original games.

Posted Dec 6, '12 at 6:04pm

stinkyjim

stinkyjim

464 posts

Been with Armor Games for about 6-8 years now. John was one of the best people we had on the site. RIP John*.

*Kongregate is a figurative hell

Posted Dec 6, '12 at 8:41pm

70_70_70

70_70_70

383 posts

@ImTheMostManlyMan: tks for ur great translation dude, but imo blk2860 was just made a joke about mah trolling style of writing lah XD
@blk2860: am I right, MR.JK? ;D
(in case u ll ask me, here ya go: JK= Just kidding :-P, so I hope next time when i use JK u ll get what i mean lah XD)
@GhostOfMatrix: oh if u wanna make a new games, I ll give u mah full support lah XD
one recommendation is posting in the forum asking for ppl's help in the progress of making ur game
here is an  epic example of Salvidian's coming soon game lah

@stinkyjim: lol 1 more hyper guy lah :-P
i know that u missed John but no need to talk bad about Kong lah XD

Posted Dec 6, '12 at 10:25pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

am I right, MR.JK? ;D

You know I'm a grammar Nazi! I hate it when people write incorrectly whenever I see red lines underneath my words. I actually fix them.

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 1:16am

70_70_70

70_70_70

383 posts

@blk2860: oh ok i respect ur way but for me, sometimes it may faster to chat with my friends by using shorter words, for example: "you=U" or you "are= ur"

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 1:53am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,687 posts

Knight

@GhostOfMatrix: oh if u wanna make a new games, I ll give u mah full support lah XD
one recommendation is posting in the forum asking for ppl's help in the progress of making ur game
here is an  epic example of Salvidian's coming soon game lah

I was mostly joking. I have no real plans on creating any more games or improving my current one.

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 2:19am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,231 posts

No offense but if you were AG's mascot I'd leave

Well..I get not agreeing with it...but right out leaving?

I was mostly joking. I have no real plans on creating any more games or improving my current one.

Good..my reign stands! Now..everyone...buy stuffed animals of me!!!

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 5:34am

70_70_70

70_70_70

383 posts

@GhostOfMatrix: oh well i DID hope to see ur new games, but if it s a JK, then so be it lah :-P
but if u ever change ur mind, make sure tell me lah XD

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 10:04am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

So this is the first time I log into AG for some weeks, and a little bird told me John is moving jobs to the Kong office. I suppose a farewell of sorts is in order, so farewell! (I'm downplaying this mainly because most of us know John as a virtual entity, and I don't see why his games won't continue to appear on AG, but all the best to him nonetheless.)

The main purpose of this post is to set a few facts straight (fellow active vets like Cen, Gantic, 'voidy, and kingryan might be able to confirm or amend the following):

Carlie and John got married in September 2010 (I know this because I wanted to pop by Sydney where they spent some of their honeymoon, but their travel plans coincided with my mandatory attendance at some rural placement as part of my final semester, which gave me the sads). It's no secret that they'd known each other since at least college. Carlie is indeed working as a marine biologist, like she always wanted to (source: Facebook).

Carlie was made community administrator from mid-2008 (I think on a volunteer basis), but was already relatively inactive by the time Cormyn was officially hired (while the WoM isn't faithful to chronology this, and my speculations on the reasons, is portrayed in the series).

Cormyn left AG ultimately for family reasons (AFAIK). He said that while he loved the office, the job and the people he and his wife had been discussing the future i.e. their kids, and overall, that consideration came up trumps. Any true family man would have made the same call.

I have to admit that the gloating over at Kong did kick me in the feels a little bit, which disproves my suspicion that I'd stopped caring about AG. I guess sticking around one place so long one becomes part of the furniture does imply that one calls that place home. I've nothing against Kong, but consider this community to be a "safe haven" of sorts relative to your average youth-occupied internet forum. I may be compelled to revise this opinion at some point in the future (dare I even venture back to NG? lol), but then again, I probably won't have the time (a pity, it sounds like the grounds for another great internet adventure, just like the old days when I first joined AG...)

Finally, for those of you who don't understand 70^3, it's just that he types in Singlish. Maybe if you could hear it in action it may make a little more sense.

Reply to I thought this was news worth sharing

You must be logged in to post a reply!