ForumsThe Tavern[NECRO] I thought this was news worth sharing

196 70601
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

John now works for Kongregate.

And some questions: Are his future games going to be exclusive to Kongregate (for example, Exit Path 2 is here but not there, if he made a big game will it only be played there)? Will he still remain an administrator here?

Wasn't sure where to put this.

• 196 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

Oh and I wished him the best of luck.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

Never mind, they must have seen this because it's back on.

So anyone have an idea as to what the new thing will be since there are no more elephants?

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

I think they have some sorta of moderation period for new users which needs admin approval before making a post. Or some aggressive report functions. pang made a post and that took ages to get on the thread. Personally, I had no problems getting a post (or three) into the thread. Soooo...yeah.

I already said it there, and I am going to repeat it here:
I like the community here better. That's all I am going to say.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I don't get what the enormous fuss is over John moving to Kongregate. To be honest his games were excellent, yes, but none of them really piqued my interest to the utmost level. Of course, I am saying this after he has left and my mind might be trying to lighten the loss a little, but still. Of course he was pretty much the symbol of ArmorGames with the ubiquitous blue elephant, but it's not like losing John means the whole foundation of AG is completely ruined. There are many other developers here too, you know!

The one thing that does seem a bit iffy is what Mav said, maybe some bad problems are going on at the headquarters, but really it just seems a personal choice that we all should respect. Kongregate and Armorgames seem to be pretty much at each others' level in terms of gaming, so this is not really a completely unprecedented thing happening (well maybe it is, but still it can be understood). Something just basically must have tipped the balance between them for John. Is there really a point for nationalistic postings about how each site is better or worse than the other?

A lot of repetition from what others have said, but eh.

Best of luck to John and his job, hope it turns out awesomepossumly.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Congratulations on joining Kongregate, John!
I hope you feel wonderful about all the ArmorGames users that are (quote):
in fetal position sucking thumb and crying I think Iâm going into shockâ¦.I can see the light, hold me

DONâT FEEL GUILTY FOR YOUR SINS AT ALL.
JUST FEEL HAPPY AND FORGET ALL THE PEOPLE YOU LEFT BEHIND WHO ARE CRYING IN AGONY
WWWWWAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

DONâT FEEL BAD AT ALL.
Here are some more quotes from ArmorGames in case youâre interested:
stroke the furry wall dude, just stroke the furry wall

Let there be war.

I already said it there, and I am going to repeat it here:
I like the community here better. That's all I am going to say.

And we love you too.

Ah well, out with the old, in with the new.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I like the community here better.

I like both, but I feel more comfortable using this forum. It's not as active, which I consider good and bad. Good because I can reply without my post getting buried and it usually means people are putting more thought into their posts, bad because sometimes the forum looks dead. For example the programming section, that place is barely alive. If people are looking to learn programming/etc, AG isn't the place to do so. Kong has a much more lively and helpful programming section.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

So I was digging through the Kong thread and have actually found a majority of them to rather sensible. I expected much more bashing. Good for you, kong. Im fairly sure this message will get across. Id post it there, but I dont have an account.
@guy on kong who thought AG community has a weird layout.
Not really. I think kong has a weirder layout, but it all has to do with which one you have been on long enough. I rarely play kong, and hardly ever look in the community. Its confusing. Here, I know what im doing. I have been here for nearly 2 years....

So anyone have an idea as to what the new thing will be since there are no more elephants?

Maybe you should make something then.

I dont really feel like there is much more to talk about on this thread....
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I have been here for nearly 2 years....

This is why. If you're accustomed to AG, Kong, NewGrounds, etc will look odd. When I first started using Kong I was confused too, but after a few hours of browsing I got the hang of it.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

This is why. If you're accustomed to AG, Kong, NewGrounds, etc will look odd.

Exactly. Anytime I go to any other forum, I expect it to be AG worthy. Many times, I am disappointed, get lost, and leave forgetting why I was in this forum anyways. I cant exactly put my finger on it, but there are some gamer websites that are utterly awful out there.

And since you guys are taking people from AG, want another mod? Eh, eh? Four years of experience. Just throwing it out there. I mean, um, what? >_>

I take back what I said, we dont love you anymore.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Also I'd like to add that I'm impressed and appreciative of the maturity of this forum.

I thought about killing the maturity a few seconds ago but because you said this I would have felt guilty, so I will not.
@guy on kong who thought AG community has a weird layout.

Different strokes for different folks man. Some of us like Kong better and some of us like AG better. All a matter of opinion.
I dont really feel like there is much more to talk about on this thread....

You don't say? But really, pretty much there is nothing else to talk about on this thread. Now it is just why people like/dislike Kong and guess on why John left.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

This is why. If you're accustomed to AG, Kong, NewGrounds, etc will look odd.

I've been to other forums and found my way around quite easily, but not them...
70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

@ImTheMostManlyMan: lol if i m not wrong, u DID said "Congratulations on joining Kongregate, John!
I hope you feel wonderful about all the ArmorGames users that are (quote):
in fetal position sucking thumb and crying I think Iâm going into shockâ¦.I can see the light, hold me" lah XD
but in page 10 u said someone else said it, how come lah? 0_o
@Daleks and pickpocket: yeh I agree with u guys, it s all about opinion lah XD
and if we expect others to respect our POV to life, we MUST expect theirs lah, dun u say?
and well, this thread DID bcome quite bored alr coz there r no more new info other than our opinion about John, comparison between AG and Kong
hmmm, like i said, ppl on Kong has different aspect with ppl on AG, and just like us AG used to the way of doing things in AG, ppl on Kong also used to and luv the way it s till now
--> soooo if we respect them we ll get their respect lah XD
just ignore the hyper flamed guys and peace out with the peaceful guys lah XD

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

@70: I didn't say that at all, I was just quoting it for AG. I said nothing about me being joyful about him joining Kong.

70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

@ImTheMostManlyMan: hmmm, maybe i remember it not correctly, but u DID said sth like that: "in fetal position sucking thumb and crying I think Iâm going into shockâ¦.I can see the light, hold me"
and yeh u dun say anything about gratz John for joining Kong, but i DID shocked and asked Pickpocket to hold u (and actually i LUV this joke of u lah XD) and then Pickpocket replied with some songs on youtube, no?

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Pickpocket replied with some songs on youtube, no?

Apparently, manly doesnt like Monty Python. So, naturally, I killed him.

peace out with the peaceful guys

Uhh.... yeah
Showing 91-105 of 196