ForumsThe Tavern[NECRO] I thought this was news worth sharing

196 70586
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

John now works for Kongregate.

And some questions: Are his future games going to be exclusive to Kongregate (for example, Exit Path 2 is here but not there, if he made a big game will it only be played there)? Will he still remain an administrator here?

Wasn't sure where to put this.

• 196 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/313468?page=1

Not going to lie, the guy that made the thread has a great sense of humor. And he used an awesome Batman reference.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

There had to be some motivation for John to leave

Well...if you go by the kong thread then it was because of the cookies. But it was probably for personal reasons. More money, closer to family, just wanted a change. It could be anything. I do not think though it is because he hates AG.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

What happened to AGV3?

They still say it's coming soon, even after two years. We probably won't see what was originally intended to be. They said they're just going to add a few features to the already existing site, but we've yet to see anything new, besides some visuals that were made over a year ago.
There had to be some motivation for John to leave

Most likely money/better offers. Kongregate is a larger site that makes more money, so they probably pay their employees more.
guy

girl*
Jumpper
Jumpper
196 posts
Nomad

now over the shock I............... what was I thinking....................................................................................................... AH! where is john in all of this? somebody that knows him send him a link or something......... in fact let us give him a party..... not to celebrate his leaving that is mournful but to help him se that we all love his games.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

Tasslefoot confirms that he's leaving AG in page two, but it seems that he left on good terms so he'll probably still be submitting at least most of his games here. It's still sad though

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Goodbye Muffin, goodbye any slim chance Carlie is coming back.

Well, if Dan hires, hopefully the new guy is a tad bit more enthusiastic.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

This... Cannot... Be... True..... sniff.... WWWWWAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

I cannot believe this. Those guys at Kong shouldn't be so snobbish... So they got the best flash game developer... Big deal! *Starts bawling*

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

Amen nich *plays taps and cries on chillz' shoulder*

70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

It is such a sad new for me, and I ll also miss John and his elephant much lah +_+
but i still hope John will work on BOTH Kong and AG, or at least make an exclusive game for Kong coz i dun wanna create another account just to play his game lah :-P

And let s hope that other Game Developer like Tony, ConArtist, Joey, Krin, Joey, etc, dun leave us like John or Cormyn lah......

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

Ok so his games are on another site, big deal. The only difference is he's making a bit more money and kong is getting some of that. Kind of disappointing but no need to hype it up. I like con and Joey more...

*news just in conartistgames has now just moved over to newgrounds*

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Or you could, you know, just go to another site to play those games if they aren't here...

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

I would never commit sich a hanous crime Kasic!

IAgreeWithYou, you are kidding.....right? *gulp*

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I think it matters because it potentially says quite a fair bit about the environment, if a guy wpuld want to quit a work place of eight years. And that Kong is better. Just a shot in the dark. A really really blinded one.

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

IAgreeWithYou, you are kidding.....right? *gulp*

Of course not kong is much be...*pulls alien off of head*

*phew* Much better now.

I think it matters because it potentially says quite a fair bit about the environment, if a guy wpuld want to quit a work place of eight years. And that Kong is better. Just a shot in the dark. A really really blinded one.

That's what I got from this too. Especially because AG was the place that first took him in (If I believe correctly). Maybe there just isn't enough communication?

But it seemed so cool in advertisement!
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Maybe there just isn't enough communication?

What do you mean? Most of them work in the same building.
Showing 16-30 of 196