ForumsThe Tavern[NECRO] I thought this was news worth sharing

196 70600
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

John now works for Kongregate.

And some questions: Are his future games going to be exclusive to Kongregate (for example, Exit Path 2 is here but not there, if he made a big game will it only be played there)? Will he still remain an administrator here?

Wasn't sure where to put this.

• 196 Replies
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

They married while AG was up and running, about 08/09 but they met in school.

70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

oh i see, but I saw that Carlie's profile also close the cmt box so is that mean she left AG or she is just inactive?

and yeh I also wanna know will be the Head developer lah XD

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

oh i see, but I saw that Carlie's profile also close the cmt box so is that mean she left AG or she is just inactive?

I believe that Carlie is just inactive. I don't know why they would pay her to be an administrator when she is not even doing anything... She probably has other duties she is attending to.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I think she left to pursue other opportunities (an actual career, I think her time with AG was just part time because she was the community manager). Her comments have been closed for years, and the last time she posted was earlier this year or late last year. That was the first post from her since 2010. But they still have her listed as an admin for whatever reason.

70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

oh have guys read this story b4?
WOM is truly a masterpiece of Strop n Cenere XD
but i thought the story in it wa just all fiction
but there is a part said that John is the fiance of Carlie, so well i guess the story based on the true event in AG lah
If so, then I guess Carlie's work is somewhat like managing and working with the Mod squad, like in that story of WOM, she appeared like a boss, or rather, a queen of the Mod squad lah XD
and if her job is community manager, then my guess is the next one was Cormyn in other word he was the one replaced Carlie when she gone (still based on WOM story lah :-P)
But Cormyn also gone too, and the next one is Ferret, no? XD

All the thought I said above were just all mah guess, coz i m quite new to AG lah XD (u can check mah bio and see that I just create an AG account 10 months ago lah XD)

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Speaking of shots in the dark, Gantic, what dis you base your deductions on?

He accepted a job in the vicinity of the Kongregate offices. I happened across that information by chance. Couldn't be sure he joined Kongregate, but he would be leaving Armor Games anyway.
70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

@Gantic: i wonder is all the Admin team live in USA and work in the same company- the one of Dan McNeely?

mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

John you will be missed, but I don't get what purpose making yourself a villain before leaving serves...

"Take That ArmorGames" really? is this what you have degraded too?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Why are you guys making John to be a villain? He accepted a (most likely) better job opportunity, and it seems like he left on good terms. It's not like he set AG HQ on fire and deleted all his games from here...

Bob - he didn't make that post. You can see his posts here.

The users there are making posts like that, but it doesn't look like anything besides friendly banter. The same way people in this thread are making fun of Kongregate.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

i wonder is all the Admin team live in USA and work in the same company

Considering the AG headquarters is located in California, yes, all of the admins live in America.

Why are you guys making John to be a villain? He accepted a (most likely) better job opportunity

I agree.
Best analogy I can think of is:

If you play soccer for a mediocre team, let's say Leeds United, and you get an offer to join Real Madrid chances are you're going to take the new offer.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

all of the admins live in America.

Probably not all. Krin has a Thailand flag, Tony has a United Kingdom one, and ConArtists has an Australian one. CoolioNiato has a Canadian flag, so that means he's in North America, but probably doesn't work in the building.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I think what got me more then anything about this whole deal, is the cutting remarks made by Kong users... So they got John now. At least we still have Krin, Tony, and Joey.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

At least we still have Krin, Tony, and Joey.

For now. You never know what could happen.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

NO PICKPOCKET! Don't sing me hat hippie crap, sing me dear John's wonderful light-cut song.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

For now. You never know what could happen.

True true... Then again, you never know which developer we might get.

Kong obviously offered John more money then AG, and that was that. Capitalism at work.
Showing 46-60 of 196