Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

What is your favorite language?

Posted Dec 6, '12 at 5:54pm

stinkyjim

stinkyjim

464 posts

I'v always been interested in German. To the untrained ear, everything in German tends to sound like you're saying it in an angry tone of voice. German is also extremely similar to english, so even though I haven't learned much I can kind of get a sense of what they're talking about.

Posted Dec 6, '12 at 6:11pm

InsertHaikuHere

InsertHaikuHere

13 posts

German you constantly sound angry. GUTAN TAG, MEIN FREUND.WIE GEHT ES DIR?

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 2:32am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,277 posts

German you constantly sound angry. GUTAN TAG, MEIN FREUND.WIE GEHT ES DIR?

You need to listen to some more German then...it can also sound extremely calming and relaxing

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 3:00am

Balloon__Girl

Balloon__Girl

192 posts

I like Swahili and Maori. They both just looks/sound so interesting to me. I will learn them both someday.

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 5:03pm

ellock

ellock

277 posts

My favorite language, well based on the sound I think french or one of the other Romance Languages  (Spanish, English, Italian and French). Based on usefulness I would say, hands down, Mandarin. This is based on the fact that America does so much trade with China and it has so many speakers. Based on flexibility, I would say English; because there is so much you can do with it in writing and speaking. Though, that is the thing that makes it such a pain for people to learn.

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 6:28pm

handlerfan

handlerfan

192 posts

Adolf Hitler gives German a bad reputation. Beethovens 9th symphony with the choir in the last movement, the Ode to Joy, might redress the balance, or Lili Marlene or Mack the Knife sung in German.

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 8:41pm

collimore

collimore

45 posts

There's a German exchange student at my school and I love listening to her talk. German is such a cool sounding language but I enjoy speaking French.

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 2:24am

Jblaze101

Jblaze101

461 posts

I think Italian sounds the coolest, Japanese sounds funny to me, and Indian languages sound the most spiritual to me.

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 4:42am

feedback123

feedback123

11 posts

Malay is the best becos it is lingua Franca, 2nd come Iban, 3rd kadazandusun, follow my Melanau Penan Indonesia.... a lot more and finally the English and Chinese

Reply to What is your favorite language?

You must be logged in to post a reply!