Forums

ForumsVideo Games

The Elder Scrolls Series

Posted Feb 3, '13 at 7:12am

dragonball05

dragonball05

1,571 posts

From what I can find this is a HD 6320, and overall should be roughly twice as powerful as the recommended hardware when Morrowind was released.  I wouldn't guarantee it would run perfectly but I see no reason for it not to.

Cool, thanks Moe. That makes me feel even more confident about playing Morrowind. Just have to get around to getting it some time :P

Posted Feb 3, '13 at 12:56pm

tally7

tally7

8 posts

I have Morrowind and it's pretty good.

Posted Feb 4, '13 at 12:54pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

i started a new morrowind game yesterday after 8 or 9 year.
and have forgotten so much about it that it just excites me again after so many years. i got a good thief in heavy armor (i know it's wierd but was needed for skill levels) and just robbed balmora nearly empty. next weeks target is 1 pyramid of vivec. and molag mar. xD
(i'm playing a kleptomaniac. he hides all the stuff under his heavy armor ;) )

Posted Feb 5, '13 at 1:11am

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

3,675 posts

Well you guys peaked my interest so I decided to read all five "The Real Barenziah" books and after reading them I do have a question about Nightingale/ Jagar Tharn. What was his motivation in all of this? Now I know they didn't really tell but I was hoping for some opinions since it doesn't seem like he was out for power and he didn't do it for to gain Barenziah.

Posted Feb 5, '13 at 1:13am

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

3,675 posts

That last part didn't come out right.

Since he didn't do it to gain Barenziah's love or anything of that nature.

Posted Feb 5, '13 at 5:33pm

Ningakilla

Ningakilla

80 posts

Sorry, could you rephrase that question?

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 10:01am

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

3,675 posts

Well I was just wondering what you guys thought Jagar Tharn's motivation was for imprisioning Uriel Septin VII in oblivion and actvinv as him. If you just play Arena (which I haven't, but I've read enough wiki articles) you'd think it was just for power but when you read The Real Barenziah it doesn't seem that way.

Also, Barenziah lived longer than 500 years, she was 500 years old when Uriel Septim VII was imprisoned in (aprox.) 390 3E and she was still alive during the time that morrowind took place in 427 3E so who knows just how long she lived so the Dunker might have a 600 year or longer average lifespan.

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 10:32am

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

3,675 posts

Did some digging in the elder scrolls wiki and found that Barenziah was long lived but lived into the fourth era (no mention of her dying so she is possibly still alive) and the third era has (aprox.) 433 years in it so that gives you an idea of how long she lived/is.

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 1:01pm

megacooper

megacooper

171 posts

I love the elder scrolls

Posted Feb 8, '13 at 6:00pm

Ningakilla

Ningakilla

80 posts

@ImTheMostManlyMan: If you just play Arena (which I haven't but read enough wiki articles) you'd think it was just for power but when you read The Real Barenziah it dosen't seem that way.

Well, the Tharn family has a long history of being evil and working alongside the Daedra. In the Elder Scrolls Online, everything revolves around a member of the Tharn family who made a deal with Molag Bal. In Arena, a descendant of this Tharn traps the Emperor in Oblivion and takes on his guise. Jagar made a deal with one of the Daedric Lords that would greatly benefit Jagar and the Daedra. First off, Jagar becomes the Emperor, and has all of the wealth and power that an Emperor has. Second, the Daedra as a species benefit from this because the Amulet of Kings and the Dragonfires have no power when the Amulet is in Oblivion. This gives the Daedra and Daedric Cultists free reign to travel between Oblivion and Mundus with little to no consequences. Jagar, in my opinion, made this deal so that he could gain immeasurable power as and Emperor and so  that the Daedra would reward him greatly. If I was in Jagar's position, then I would have done the same thing.

But this is my reasoning and opinion.

Reply to The Elder Scrolls Series

You must be logged in to post a reply!