Forums

ForumsVideo Games

The Elder Scrolls Series

Posted Feb 8, '13 at 8:01pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

4,749 posts

That clears things up greatly and tells me what his real name is. Could you provide a link or something as to your source because on The Elder Scrolls wikia they don't mention anything about his heritage on the Jagar Tharn page.

Posted Feb 8, '13 at 8:06pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,130 posts

i played some morrowind again and i have turned lvl 7 xD
but dont let the low level misguide you. i already killed a golden saint, 2 dremora and a few ghost in 1 room to get a awsome shield and helmet. (i'm not using alchemy.)
i got over 25k from just stealing houses/people/city's empty. and then went after as much rare great items i remembered.
lvl 7, i only leveled mercentile and acrobatics xD and a tiny bit of long blade. but i think i'm gonna take a peek inside the red mountain next week. see if i can fill up some soulstones for constant effect enchantment.
that will make me ready for probably anything the game throws at me. ^^

Posted Feb 8, '13 at 8:10pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

4,749 posts

Sorry for the DP.

Just to clarify that last part, I'm not asking because I don't believe you I'm asking because I would very much like to learn more for I have recently become rather obsessed with The Elder Scrolls history and whatnot.

Also, just found this link on my facebook timeline from the official ESO page. I haven't read it yet but here's a nice long page about ESO.

Posted Feb 14, '13 at 9:45pm

Ningakilla

Ningakilla

80 posts

Ha, well I should probably admit that I'm pretty obsessed with everything related to all of the Elder Scrolls games. I got my information from personal experience, , and some pages on . And if you are at all interested in The Elder Scrolls Online, I'd suggest having a look at the concept art on .

Posted Feb 16, '13 at 7:31am

xgeogander

xgeogander

203 posts

Might be Skyrim. since Elder Scroll Series only got famous with Skyrim. so i bet Skyrim is the best Elder Scroll Series for now.

Posted Feb 16, '13 at 9:42am

partydevil

partydevil

5,130 posts

since Elder Scroll Series only got famous with Skyrim.

if TES only got famous whit skyrim.
explain this video plz.

Posted Feb 16, '13 at 11:00am

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

4,749 posts

I was doing some TES research awhile ago and came across some things that suggest that it was famous from the very first game, though not all that famous. It got quite a bit more famous after the release of Daggerfall and much more so after the release of Morrowind and then Oblivion then Skyrim. Admittedly, I hadn't even heard of "The Elder Scrolls" until a little before the release of Skyrim, but looking around it looks like TES really shot off after Morrowind. I think the reason you think it got famous with Skyrim is because they release games so rarely so you don't hear about them much for a year or two until the next is announced.

Posted Feb 16, '13 at 2:02pm

Moe

Moe

1,783 posts

since Elder Scroll Series only got famous with Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls has been famous since TES I: Arena. Overall Morrowind started the bringing The Elder Scrolls to the masses, with Oblivion and Skyrim building on that, but among older pc gamers the series has always been famous.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 12:33pm

light_chaser

light_chaser

1,092 posts

Is Skyrim free?

It sounds like a cool game to play, but I need to improve my knowledge on it.

Posted Feb 24, '13 at 8:43pm

Ningakilla

Ningakilla

80 posts

Is Skyrim free?

No, my friend, buying it used at GameStop is still $50.

I was doing some TES research awhile ago and came across some things that suggest that it as famous from the very first game

As far as I understand, Arena was an experiment on the part of Bethesda to see if they could effectively market an RPG. After it was a relative success, they went bigger with Daggerfall. In Morrowind, they were able to expand to the Xbox and did extremely well. They marketed Oblivion and Skyrim on all the primary gaming stations and made an incredible amount of money.

Reply to The Elder Scrolls Series

You must be logged in to post a reply!