Forums

ForumsVideo Games

The Elder Scrolls Series

Posted Dec 16, '12 at 12:36pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,627 posts

Knight

And I think if they pull of every thing that they say will be in the game ESO will be the best ES game for sure.

ESO is an ES-inspired MMO, but it is in no way a true TES game. No argument in the world will make me think otherwise.

however to me, Oblivion was a huge step for Bethesda's Elder Scrolls Series.

Not to me. Yay for potato heads and unoriginal questlines! Well admittedly the physics engine, graphics and the daily life of the NPCs was a huge step compared to Morrowind, however nearly all other aspects suffered imo. Except for the Dark Brotherhood, the only thing I prefer in Oblivion compared to all other games ^^

Posted Dec 16, '12 at 4:24pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

5,548 posts

Well admittedly the physics engine, graphics and the daily life of the NPCs was a huge step compared to Morrowind

In what way were they different? (I have barely played any Oblivion and no Morrowind)

Posted Dec 16, '12 at 5:52pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,627 posts

Knight

In what way were they different? (I have barely played any Oblivion and no Morrowind)

Oh, where to begin...

First off, Morrowind had no physics. Inventory objects, once placed, had no collision. You could pile up books and walk through the pile as if there was nothing. Worse, if you took away the books from the base, the upper ones would not fall but stay in place. Arrows would disappear totally instead of sticking to things. Dead creatures would die in their pre-programmed pose, if it happens on a slope, parts of the animals disappear behind the slope and the rest floats in the air.

Concerning NPCs, every creature and NPC would only be active in the quadrant where the player is, meaning the rest of the world is frozen. They also keep to the spot/cell where they've been placed originally and only walk around, but they have no day/night cycle, don't change cells/interior/exterior.

Posted Dec 16, '12 at 6:23pm

ptcdcs

ptcdcs

16 posts

My favorite storyline is oblivion but otherwise skyrim is better

Posted Dec 16, '12 at 7:58pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

5,548 posts

Oh, that's all quite shocking! Are there mods that fix any of this that you know of?

Posted Dec 16, '12 at 9:00pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,311 posts

Oh, that's all quite shocking! Are there mods that fix any of this that you know of?

all games were like that in the older generation.
and it's not as bad as it sounds.

i felt more being in morrowind then i felt being in oblivion. (skyrim is just mission after mission gameplay. it's unable to suck me into the world.)

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 3:11am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,627 posts

Knight

Yeah... I started playing Morrowind when it was indeed quite a good game engine-wise. As of today I don't bother with the now-old mechanisms, it even adds some kind of charme to it^^ I'm like partydevil, Morrowind is the one game that gives me the best immersion, as the world is just so living.

Posted Dec 20, '12 at 8:01am

Besch

Besch

45 posts

Skyrim has neat physiscs (ROLL THE CHEESE!) with a few exceptions (Horse!!). Graphics are OK (with ENB). They should have based the game on a main quest line and not only on fractions. You just run around looking for trouble you can sort out or cause.

Posted Dec 21, '12 at 12:37am

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

5,548 posts

@HaHiHa: What do you mean by 'new-old'?

So I hear that Morriwind is like an RPG with some action as opposed to Skyrim and Oblivion which are more action with some RPG, is this pretty accurate?

Posted Dec 21, '12 at 4:08am

Mr_Sand

Mr_Sand

687 posts

Morrowind was one of those games you had to start at the beginning to like. If you play oblivion or skyrim then you will think morrowind sucks.

All the games a quite similar but Morrowind lacked dialogue and action and the graphics were quite poor. There was no voice acting just subtitles. If you are like me then you want to know everything about the game and reading just takes even longer.

I finally got a new graphics card so I will be playing skyrim in the near future

Reply to The Elder Scrolls Series

You must be logged in to post a reply!