Forums

ForumsVideo Games

The Elder Scrolls Series

Posted Dec 23, '12 at 7:15am

Strop

Strop

11,086 posts

you could talk whit anyone about nearly anything.

The main issue was that most of the characters would give you generic responses and as the topic list grew, it became more tedious to find the topics you really wanted to talk about. This wasn't necessarily a bad thing since the conversations in Oblivion felt so limited.

What I'm really waiting for is the Skywind project. Morrowind had the best story as well as the world mechanics, I can't imagine how awesome it'd be with a Skyrim engine. I just hope they retain Morrowind's equip and enchant etc. system as I know that at least in Oblivion your enchantments aren't worth crap.

On the other hand it seems that Oblivion still has the biggest modding platform at the moment. At least, my copy is so Lore unfriendly it looks more like a giant anime convention LOL.

Posted Dec 31, '12 at 7:01pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

5,504 posts

Well there was a $5 morrowind sale on steam and who was I pass up such a deal? I will be submitting my review/skyrim comparison when I've bad more time with it.

How do I mod it? I downloaded a mod intoc my PC but couldn't get any further. I tried installing the programs that I was supposed to but I remember that at least one of hem wouldn't finish.

Posted Dec 31, '12 at 8:43pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

10,002 posts

Just got Skyrim 3 days ago

So..addictive...

Have like 30+ missions going on at one time...so much..yet I love it! haha goes so much against my OCD

Posted Jan 1, '13 at 6:27am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

10,002 posts

|

Ummm...ok..?

Posted Jan 2, '13 at 6:39am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,514 posts

Knight

How do I mod it? I downloaded a mod intoc my PC but couldn't get any further. I tried installing the programs that I was supposed to but I remember that at least one of hem wouldn't finish.

Don't. Don't until you have well played it through and know the vanilla Morrowind.
But if you insist, you can go to the opening menu (before clicking play), go to Data Files and check the mods you want (if correctly installed; for correct installation geenrally follow the read me's).

Posted Jan 2, '13 at 6:31pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

5,504 posts

Don't. Don't until you have well played it through and know the vanilla Morrowind.

Oh no, I would only do things like the graphics extender.

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 8:17pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

5,504 posts

But if you insist, you can go to the opening menu (before clicking play), go to Data Files and check the mods you want (if correctly installed; for correct installation geenrally follow the read me's).

Well, I tried installing mods now that I have the graphics card version, and apparently it's very different for modding the steam version. Does anyone know how to mod the steam version of Morrowind?

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 8:36pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,289 posts

Does anyone know how to mod the steam version of Morrowind?

not just the "construction kit"?

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 10:20pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

5,504 posts

not just the "construction kit"?

Sorry, I should have been more clear, how do I put mods on the steam version.

The steam version doesn't even come with the construction kit anyway oddly enough.

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 11:05pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,289 posts

The steam version doesn't even come with the construction kit anyway oddly enough.

downloadable on the TES site i guess. or els we have torrents now. (it's freeware)

how do I put mods on the steam version.

have you tried to manually place the right files in the right folders?
there must be a easy to use guide out there somewhere for this.

in addition to that guide you have to go in the steam folder where the game is installed. but i think you figured that much. =)

Reply to The Elder Scrolls Series

You must be logged in to post a reply!