Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

The Simpsons are Democratic?

Posted Dec 6, '12 at 7:13pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

4,052 posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en …
Lol...
I'm not at all offended as I am undecided. But generally it came from MSNBC which is hardcore democrats... Just saying ^^

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 5:46pm

handlerfan

handlerfan

192 posts

In the episode 'Two Bad Neighbours' Bush senior moved into the house opposite the Simpsons, and there was a feud between him and Homer. But this doesn't make Homer a Democrat.
I would say that Lisa is a Democrat and the rest of the family are apolitical.
In one episode the aliens Kong and Kang took over the electoral process and offered America a choice between two candidates with exactly the same policy, bowing down and acceping the alien takeover of the world.

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 5:55pm

handlerfan

handlerfan

192 posts

I've now seen the clip and it's part of the running joke where the Simpsons make fun of Fox TV.

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 5:17am

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,071 posts

Knight

Handlerfan pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Lisa is definitely liberal, whereas everyone else is mostly neutral. Some of the richer characters are republican, and they make fun of that, but that's about the extent the make fun of republicans. Other than that, they constantly attack FOX news.

I haven't seen the show in quite some time, so I can't really remember how often they delved into politics. However, I never really felt like they were pushing an agenda, except for hating FOX.

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 3:28am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,119 posts

Knight

They had an episode where Homer voted for Obama, but the machine recorded a dozen votes for McCain. No prizes for guessing what's his political stance.

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 1:44pm

Wyrzen

Wyrzen

325 posts

^Then this round of elections they made one where Homer votes for Romney and is rewarded by seeing his tax returns.

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 2:12pm

handlerfan

handlerfan

192 posts

Fact followed fiction in the 2012 election where a voting machine recorded a vote for Romney everytime a woman voted for Obama.

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 3:25pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

what a drag on nothing...
i though this topic would die in 2 or 3 posts.

homer is this or that doesn't say ****.
com on, it's a cartoon dammit.

a character in alfred J. Duck (child serie) is a nazi. a entire movie is about him. no1 even cares for that. what is it whit the hype over homer?
american dad is a republican. lets build a hype over that.... -.-'

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 7:41pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,676 posts

american dad is a republican. lets build a hype over that.... -.-'

American Dad is actually satire about Republicanism...like Stephen Colbert

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 8:28pm

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,071 posts

Knight

Funny thing about American Dad and Family Guy.

Family Guy started off as being a regular comedy show with only the occasional political gag. American Dad started off as a comedy show based on politics. Now, it seems the roles have been reversed. Later Family Guy episodes seem to revolve more around politics, where American Dad now has very little to do with politics. At least, that's what it seems.

Reply to The Simpsons are Democratic?

You must be logged in to post a reply!